• 16(current)
Release Spotlight - yet another Spotify add-on
Is there anyone here that can tell me how to make it possible to install this two times?

So I can have two users, I don`t like to have two main users in Kodi.
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
Just intalled 1.2.0 on Raspbmc Gotham 13.2 and when I start the plugin I get:

method "start_session" is not supported

What do I need to do to get it to work?

I uninstalled the old version and installed from the zip downloaded from https://bitbucket.org/re/spotlight/downl...-1.2.0.zip

Tried 1.1.1 as well but still got the same error message...
(2014-11-29, 12:08)benji791 Wrote: Hello,

I've just registered on this forum and I am pretty impressed by all you can achieve in Kodi

I have not yet received my htpc parts so no set up or installation of Kodi as been done yet. And so before giving it a try, I was wondering a few questions regarding this add-on.
Does it support gapless playback ?
Does it support rendering through wasapi exclusive or ASIO if selected in Kodi?
And finally does it support Spotify features like :
- my music organized by artist, album
- radios

My other option, until those are supported would be Spotify outside of Kodi with Spotify connect from smartphone but no simple way to get ASIO or WASAPI.

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers.

Hello,

Now I have tried this fantastic add-on and can answer several of my own questions but some remains opened.
Does it support gapless playback ? ==> almost. I don't have any break during tracks but a fade-in fade-out which is pretty annoying on some albums like Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon
Does it support rendering through wasapi exclusive or ASIO if selected in Kodi? ==> WASAPI exclusive works fine so I get a better sound quality that with the desktop app. This is amazing
And finally does it support Spotify features like :
- my music organized by artist, album ==> Unfortunately no! I'm an old school guy and I like to listen to full albums and manage a collection with albums per artists. Using playlist for this is a pain.
- radios ==> Unfortunately neither. Generated playlist can be an alternative here but less convenient.

For the two last points, I'm not even sure the libspotify allows this whereas the web API does. It would be nice if the fade-in fade-out could be disabled.

But once again great job. It's pretty new but already stable and functional.

Is there a roadmap or so?

Benji Enthusiast
Hello again,

I made some searches and found that the old api used in this extension and many other apps is being deprecated by spotify. Source: https://developer.spotify.com/web-api/migration-guide/
This is a guide to migrate to the new web api. Are there any plans to follow this road?

I'd be very pleased and I'm sure many others would.

Benji
(2014-12-17, 21:28)benji791 Wrote: Hello again,

I made some searches and found that the old api used in this extension and many other apps is being deprecated by spotify. Source: https://developer.spotify.com/web-api/migration-guide/
This is a guide to migrate to the new web api. Are there any plans to follow this road?

I'd be very pleased and I'm sure many others would.

Benji

I hope that the "Your Music"section can be added: https://developer.spotify.com/news-stori...-released/
Mac Mini 2,3 | Openelec | Marantz SR-5006 | 2x Monitor Audio Radius 90 | REL T5 Subwoofer | Synology DS213 |
Zotac Zbox ID41 | Openelec | Marantz SR-5003 | 2x Mordaunt Short Genie

Hello,

As you can read it's only for the new web api and not the old lib which is now deprecated...
Hello,

I just reread it and in fact it's the old metadata API that is deprecated. I can't find a clue of the libspotify SDK being deprecated.
Isn't it possible to imagine the spotlight extension in two part. ==> library management and browsing supported by the new WEB API and playback streaming with the libspotify (since you are right the WEB API only supports 30sec preview). I can imagine that the uri of the song is a common key for both API.
It would make sense and would be a nice integration with artist - album in the Kodi library.

Benji
Is the spotlight plugin compatible with Kodi? Just need to know before upgrading.
Thanks!
Mac Mini 2,3 | Openelec | Marantz SR-5006 | 2x Monitor Audio Radius 90 | REL T5 Subwoofer | Synology DS213 |

Can not get Spotlight to work on clean Helix install. Audio runs 13 seconds then goes silent. Time counter keeps running. I have googled but could not find a Helix solution as no lyrics addon installed. Downgraded to Gotham and everything works flawlessly.

Can anyone tell me what event occurs 13 seconds into playback on Helix so I can disable and upgrade.
(2015-01-17, 15:20)apbyz Wrote: Can not get Spotlight to work on clean Helix install. Audio runs 13 seconds then goes silent. Time counter keeps running. I have googled but could not find a Helix solution as no lyrics addon installed. Downgraded to Gotham and everything works flawlessly.

Can anyone tell me what event occurs 13 seconds into playback on Helix so I can disable and upgrade.

Thanks!! I'll have to wait....

Works fine on kodi helix with Openelec
So I I used facebook login with my spotify premium account, how can I login?
Thanks Jonke I have Openelec upstairs will try tomorrow. Would have been smart to mention the problem was on a windows7 install!
Rephrase: Spotlight muted after ~10 seconds in certain skins - windows 7. Managed to break Spotlight on Gotham by loading Xperience skin it then muted after 10 seconds, as had my Kodi install. Re-installed Kodi and used Confluence skin and everything plays as should. Was not able to determine which addon or script from skin caused Spotlight breakage - disabling all addons, made sure cu lyrics not installed, but did not help - but only fresh install would fix. Was able to use Titan skin without problem and will stick with that as figuring the solution out is rather beyond my skill level. Thanks Jonke, without testing openelec install wouldn't have figured out how to get TV mediacenter working this weekend!
When I go full screen the Music Background is black. I have Artist Slideshow installed on Helix Confluence modshould Artist Slideshow now read the Artist and download the fanart automaically?

Thanks
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotlight - yet another Spotify add-on2