Release PDF Reader
PDF Reader

Read your pdf's (ebooks) through Kodi

PDF Reader is an add-on (image plugin) for Kodi capable of reading PDFs composed of images (e.g. scans, comics). It also serves as a module, so it can be called from other add-ons (see its API).

Limitations

Some of the known limitations are listed bellow:
  • Currently PDF Reader can only read pdf files made of pictures, since its operation method's consists of extracting pictures from PDF files.
  • Only JPG and PNG types are supported at the moment. If you want to add a new image type, just say.

Screenshots

I hope you like.
Download HERE
Wow, that's great man, thx for building it, I'm gonna try it now!

People have been waiting a long time for this, hope they didn't give up Smile

LoL Wink
Just want to say a BIG thank you.

This one feature I miss the most in XBMC. I will check def. check it out.
For some reason , I cannot browse the network , and my pdfs are on a NAS ... :/
Brilliant work, works great.
any plans to update this addon? like adding default folder etc
I can do that. Can you be more specific about what you want?
At the moment when i click open pdf using openelec (x64 linux) that popup doesnt show me file directories to allow me to select a pdf. It actually says Program Addons" and that just lists the program addons. It did work when you first posted here so maybe something in openelec changed.

I would like to set a default pdf folder in the addon settings if possible so that when you click open pdf, you go straight to this folder.
I will solve that Wink Thanks.
About the default pdf folder, i will try to do that, but I don't know if it's possible..
(2014-11-22, 16:56)kaiseruk Wrote: At the moment when i click open pdf using openelec (x64 linux) that popup doesnt show me file directories to allow me to select a pdf. It actually says Program Addons" and that just lists the program addons. It did work when you first posted here so maybe something in openelec changed.

I would like to set a default pdf folder in the addon settings if possible so that when you click open pdf, you go straight to this folder.

Has there been a solution to this problem? I am having the exact same thing happen, except it has never worked on my OS 10.9.5 Kodi install.

Thanks!
William
Huh
This is really strange, because here when i click, it opens the folder menu (C:/, D:/, etc)..
Updated to kodi (again openelec x64) and still have this issue.

Also, when it did work, for the pdf files that i tried it didnt load the pdf fully. Think it loaded the pictures etc but not the text.
Hi i96751414,

Thanks for this addon, works great for viewing PDF's from my addon.

Is your repo still online? The link in the first post is dead. In the meantime I am hosting this addon in my repo.

Also, when calling this addon from a video addon a different method is required due to different content types (images wont display in a video plugin):

Code:
pdf_url = 'plugin://plugin.image.pdfreader/' + '?' + urllib.urlencode({'mode': '1', 'url': 'file_path', 'name': 'pdf_name')})
xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(Pictures, %s, return)' % pdf_url)

Thanks again.
Hello... I am also attempting to locate the PDF Reader add-on and installation. I attempted to install teeedubb "my repo" file (by the way, thanks for posting teeedubb). I encounter a "structure error" that prevents installation. Any suggestions or alternatives suited for a noviceHuh? Thanks, again! Jake
Direct link:

https://github.com/teeedubb/teeedubb-xbm...p?raw=true

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PDF Reader0