• 2(current)
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
Hmmm, they sell it for 120 EUR in SK.
If I want to run linux based XBMC on this, are there any other options apart from OpenELEC?
thanks.
(2014-01-13, 12:04)glypto Wrote: Hmmm, they sell it for 120 EUR in SK.
If I want to run linux based XBMC on this, are there any other options apart from OpenELEC?
thanks.
There is XBMCbuntu, and XBMC as an appliclation in Ubuntu or in other Linux flavors.
But boot & speedwise, I don't think they come close to OpenELEC. All depending of course on your personal requirements.
(2014-01-13, 12:04)glypto Wrote: Hmmm, they sell it for 120 EUR in SK.

Same in Germany, although no date yet. Seems like I have to stop by Bratislava if I want one now.
Btw this Nuc has also IR.... (which is great for an HTPC)...

also i think case is a bit taller than haswell nuc... (too bad it doesnt fit msata + sata at the same time)...
There's a benchmark already available for the Intel Celeron N2810 which is a little bit slower than the N2820.
While one should stay cautious due to the limited samples tested, it should be compared against the Intel Celeron 847 and 1007U.
That's very low. I doubt 400 Mhz will increase the score much. So in the end performance is the same as with the Celeron 847, but the GPU part should be a lot faster I guess.
Anyone have an idea what the difference is between
DN2820FYK
BOXDN2829FYKH0)
?
It should work with 4GB Crucial value DDR3-1333 RAM and an 8GB stick (will add an SSD later)?

Edit: I just pre-ordered, some German online shops added them yesterday with no-stock/available in January for 129€.
Hmmmm. Was going to jump on this to replace the several €99 Arctic MC001 I have. I run openelec off USB sticks and would transfer the sodims from the Arctics.

Very disappointed that in the 3 years since the 2010 vintage D525 dual core 1.8ghz atom of the arctic which scores 690 in passmark, that the much anticipated Baytrail only delivers 900 odd. Ie not worth upgrading to.
(2014-01-15, 13:54)calibos Wrote: Hmmmm. Was going to jump on this to replace the several €99 Arctic MC001 I have. I run openelec off USB sticks and would transfer the sodims from the Arctics.

Very disappointed that in the 3 years since the 2010 vintage D525 dual core 1.8ghz atom of the arctic which scores 690 in passmark, that the much anticipated Baytrail only delivers 900 odd. Ie not worth upgrading to.

thanks for pointing this out... (since i am an arctic mc001 user - btw using an ssd on them really improved browsing experience)

Cool
Ssd compared to USB stick? I currently use a e-350 with open eked on USB and navigating the menus is very slow when using something like aeon skin. I had high hopes for the celeron nuc in this matter. Let's hope that the CPU is faster in real applications than in this benchmark.
(2014-01-15, 13:54)calibos Wrote: Very disappointed that in the 3 years since the 2010 vintage D525 dual core 1.8ghz atom of the arctic which scores 690 in passmark, that the much anticipated Baytrail only delivers 900 odd.

Based on a sample size of how many tests?
What about bluray 3d play on bay trail? Thanks
Sorry but if it is base on ivy bridge architecture the 23,976 bug is still there

Better to go with an haswell nuc

IMHO
Found a listing on a US site finally. Never heard of them tho so don't know how good the company is. http://www.avadirect.com/mini-pc-configu...PRID=29089

Just found the barebones listing. http://www.avadirect.com/product_details...PRID=29088. Too bad they don't ship to Canada! Sad
(2014-01-16, 23:21)Roby77 Wrote: Sorry but if it is base on ivy bridge architecture the 23,976 bug is still there

Better to go with an haswell nuc

IMHO

Well, specification in some webshops says it has integrated HD Graphics 5000 GPU, which is the same new haswell processors have as far as I know...
http://stolne-pocitace.heureka.sk/intel-...ecifikace/
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH5