• 123(current)
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
I've tried everything I can find and cannot get this to work. I KNOW I have watched VC1 titles on this nuc before without this issue!

James

(2014-12-19, 02:03)scarecrow420 Wrote: dont know if im missing something but those images are too small to actually read

should be fixed now, sorry.

James
Well, call me crazy, but upon a total wipe and reload...I was still having issues in the default settings.

Then though I saw an option in "acceleration" called "Waapi vc-1" and wholla...no drops. I SWEAR I didn't see this before-- musta went through these settings a dozen times.

!!!

James
I think the only warning about VAAPI VC-1 decoding is that, AIUI, it doesn't support interlaced VC-1 content, only progressive? (Intel driver limitation?)
(2014-12-19, 12:00)noggin Wrote: I think the only warning about VAAPI VC-1 decoding is that, AIUI, it doesn't support interlaced VC-1 content, only progressive? (Intel driver limitation?)

Correct. It dates back to a time, when intel just asserted when you played VC-1 interlace. In the meantime it will just produce black images.

So, yes it's safe for progressive content.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
At that is my only option right? So I simply cannot playback 1080i concerts? I must be wrong cause I swear- again- I played back some 1080i shows months ago that seemed to look good-- even on my 160" outdoor screen lol.

Thanks guys
James
Hi,
my Zotac gf9300-itx motherboard just died and I was thinking about a DN2820FYKH to replace it (I already have a D34010WYKH i3 Nuc in my office), and install Kodi on it as I did before with my Zotac build. I would like to re-use my 5.1 Creative analog surround sound system (3 separate mini-jacks for center-left-right-surround and sub) which was plugged right into my motherboard through 3 separate mini-jack plugs for it. The DN2820FYKH doen't have an analog output, so is buying an external USB sound card the only choice I have? I would like to avoid to purchase a digital amplifier with a set of speakers cause it looks ugly in a bedroom. Thanks.
(2014-12-19, 15:47)mastermaybe Wrote: At that is my only option right? So I simply cannot playback 1080i concerts? I must be wrong cause I swear- again- I played back some 1080i shows months ago that seemed to look good-- even on my 160" outdoor screen lol.

Thanks guys
James

AIUI you can't replay 1080i VC-1 content with VAAPI hardware decode acceleration. 1080p/720p VC-1 stuff is also fine with VAAPI hardware decode acceleration.
H264/AVC and MPEG2 1080i content is fine with VAAPI hardware decode acceleration.

For 1080i VC-1 content you need to use software decoding on the Intel platform, and I don't know if the CPU In the Baytrail is capable of software decoding VC-1. Also from memory it can't quite do YADIF 2x de-interlacing and may be limited to Bob?
(2014-12-25, 13:03)noggin Wrote:
(2014-12-19, 15:47)mastermaybe Wrote: At that is my only option right? So I simply cannot playback 1080i concerts? I must be wrong cause I swear- again- I played back some 1080i shows months ago that seemed to look good-- even on my 160" outdoor screen lol.

Thanks guys
James

AIUI you can't replay 1080i VC-1 content with VAAPI hardware decode acceleration. 1080p/720p VC-1 stuff is also fine with VAAPI hardware decode acceleration.
H264/AVC and MPEG2 1080i content is fine with VAAPI hardware decode acceleration.

For 1080i VC-1 content you need to use software decoding on the Intel platform, and I don't know if the CPU In the Baytrail is capable of software decoding VC-1. Also from memory it can't quite do YADIF 2x de-interlacing and may be limited to Bob?

Your memory is correct.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Is anybody using Windows 8.1 and Live-TV?

Is there any chance for deinterlacing?
I currently would not suggest Windows 8.1 at all for Kodi. Cause we don't have any active developers that test DXVA on Windows 8.1 - All the development was done on Windows 7. Furthermore our implementation still bases on DX9, so you might experience real sever issues.

Edit: Most sane devs, just skipped Windows 8.1, cause it's not usable at all for anything else besides cooking coffee or something
(2014-12-25, 23:00)fritsch Wrote: I currently would not suggest Windows 8.1 at all for Kodi. Cause we don't have any active developers that test DXVA on Windows 8.1 - All the development was done on Windows 7. Furthermore our implementation still bases on DX9, so you might experience real sever issues.

Edit: Most sane devs, just skipped Windows 8.1, cause it's not usable at all for anything else besides cooking coffee or something
Lol
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-12-25, 23:00)fritsch Wrote: I currently would not suggest Windows 8.1 at all for Kodi. Cause we don't have any active developers that test DXVA on Windows 8.1 - All the development was done on Windows 7. Furthermore our implementation still bases on DX9, so you might experience real sever issues.

OK, Thanks for the Info. Normally I use also Win7, but Win8.1 has a very good boot time (much faster than Win7 @ my setup)
I have Kodi on my win 8.1 with LiveTV (Server win 2012 with Dvbviewer RS). Cant see any difference to Main Xbmcbuntu (still gotham) Version.
Works OK
Backend: Asrock N3150 with Ubuntu 22.04 Server with TvHeadend 
Living Room: Nvidia Shield with Kodi
Other Kodi Clients: Coreelec, Mibox, Windows
just downloaded and installed latest RC3 but remote is still lagging for me Sad is there any manual fix or maybe some workaround to try?

(2014-12-26, 17:30)pigr8 Wrote: just downloaded and installed latest RC3 but remote is still lagging for me Sad is there any manual fix or maybe some workaround to try?

You don't tell us your os, or provide a debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 123(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH5