• 129(current)
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH
The search code is easy. Simply go to google and enter your search terms with site:forum.kodi.tv at the end.

Sorry I have no idea about windows.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
so just got this box, i have a windows 7 license. Is there anything i need to do before i install xbmc on this to make it work better?

update bios or something? are there any issues i should be aware of.?
Newest Bios, newest ssd firmware (in case you installed one) and of course all the latest drivers for the NUC.
After that you are good to go, assuming the nuc is correctly connected to your TV and/or AVR.
(2015-04-17, 12:59)verismo Wrote: so just got this box, i have a windows 7 license. Is there anything i need to do before i install xbmc on this to make it work better?

update bios or something? are there any issues i should be aware of.?

(2015-04-17, 13:46)barenaked Wrote: Newest Bios, newest ssd firmware (in case you installed one) and of course all the latest drivers for the NUC.
After that you are good to go, assuming the nuc is correctly connected to your TV and/or AVR.

If you are using an ir remote to control the nuc I had issues with the latest BIOS. It stopped me from being able to power on the nuc from off using the remotes power button. I rolled back to the BIOS before and it is now working. Just a heads up if you find the same problem.
Indeed there is bios 50 which u haven't tried and reading the changelog agrees with rob77.
Bios 48 however works fine
You cant wake the nuc even when is enabled in bios?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2015-04-18, 07:16)barenaked Wrote: Indeed there is bios 50 which u haven't tried and reading the changelog agrees with rob77.
Bios 48 however works fine

Hi barenaked. It was BIOS 50 I think it was that I tried and had the bug. Where do you find the changelogs on the Intel site?
(2015-04-18, 14:00)xbs08 Wrote: You cant wake the nuc even when is enabled in bios?

It was just on the latest BIOS 50 I had the problem of not being able to power on using an infra red remote. Rolled back to .48 and now it is working correctly.
BIOS Version 0050 - FYBYT10H.86A.0050.2015.0326.1731
New Fixes/Features:
 Added BIOS options on the Secondary Power Settings page to enable or disable Wake from S3 via CIR and Wake from S4 and S5 via CIR.

Did you check if it was enabled?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2015-04-19, 11:00)xbs08 Wrote: BIOS Version 0050 - FYBYT10H.86A.0050.2015.0326.1731
New Fixes/Features:
 Added BIOS options on the Secondary Power Settings page to enable or disable Wake from S3 via CIR and Wake from S4 and S5 via CIR.

Did you check if it was enabled?

I didn't to be fair. I couldn't find the changelog so wasn't aware they had added them options.
This is a "strange" issue i am having 5-6 days now..My setup:

Intel® NUC Kit DN2820FYKH with Kingston KVR16LS11/4 (4 GB) Ram. In usb ports (back) i have attached:

1) Flirc controller (flirc.tv/)
2) TRANSCEND TS8GJF780 JETFLASH 780 8GB USB3.0 FLASH DRIVE BLACK (with OE 5.0.8 latest version).

I never had this problem but this "strange" one started when i ONLY did 2 things (and nothing else: havent touched my setup, havent removed anything):

1) Updated bios from 041 to 050
2) Updated Openelec from 5.0.7 to 5.0.8

Problem is that it wakes up on its own (usually the next day i have shut it down). So I got back to 041 bios (as the first idea that came to my mind was that the new bios was faulty). Problem persists with other bios too. Intel enginners answer was:

This looks like some kind of grounding or operating system related
issue, since the BIOS itself do not have a reason to turn on the system
on its own unless it is set on the BIOS to do so at a specific time, but
been a random issue, I do not think it is a BIOS issue.

The only thing remaining is OE version (5.0.8). Could it be my problem?? Anyone is experiencing the same behavior?Maybe bad bios?
(2015-04-25, 14:03)Haris1977 Wrote: This is a "strange" issue i am having 5-6 days now..My setup:

Intel® NUC Kit DN2820FYKH with Kingston KVR16LS11/4 (4 GB) Ram. In usb ports (back) i have attached:

1) Flirc controller (flirc.tv/)
2) TRANSCEND TS8GJF780 JETFLASH 780 8GB USB3.0 FLASH DRIVE BLACK (with OE 5.0.8 latest version).

I never had this problem but this "strange" one started when i ONLY did 2 things (and nothing else: havent touched my setup, havent removed anything):

1) Updated bios from 041 to 050
2) Updated Openelec from 5.0.7 to 5.0.8

Problem is that it wakes up on its own (usually the next day i have shut it down). So I got back to 041 bios (as the first idea that came to my mind was that the new bios was faulty). Problem persists with other bios too. Intel enginners answer was:

This looks like some kind of grounding or operating system related
issue, since the BIOS itself do not have a reason to turn on the system
on its own unless it is set on the BIOS to do so at a specific time, but
been a random issue, I do not think it is a BIOS issue.

The only thing remaining is OE version (5.0.8). Could it be my problem?? Anyone is experiencing the same behavior?Maybe bad bios?
Is it recieving an activaton signal from AVR or TV? Try disconnecting the HDMI cable at the NUC end after power off/sleep (whatever you use) and see if it happens. Not proposing this as a long-term solution, but it can be good to eliminate external factors early on in diagnosis.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
(2015-03-24, 20:44)nickr Wrote: Switching external drives around is a pain for library management.

Have you heard about networking?
Lets not be condescending here - there are lots of reasons for opting for external drives vs network storage. Portability for one. Tons of people run their NUC off sticks or memory cards. A small external drive makes sense for both connectivity flexibility - and as a HTPC travel companion, the whole "kit" pretty much fits in your pockets.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
Currently have mine setup with openelec, but would like to integrate netflix.

What are my options? Windows? Would that still give me bitstream HD audio and ISO file support? Any other options? Is ubuntu an option, would i lose anything over openelec?
Netflix works on Ubuntu.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 129(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Bay Trail (Celeron Generation CPU) - DN2820FYKH5