Sorry students, no GSOC this year
Sadly, it appears XBMC was not one of the selected programs for this year's Google Summer of Code. You are still welcome to submit proposals, work on XBMC projects this summer, and we'd even be happy to try to provide you with a mentor, but XBMC won't be able to provide you with a stipend for the work.

If you would rather work on a project under the banner of Google Summer of Code, here is a list of projects and organizations that have been selected.
Thank you. This is really sad, but let's hope XBMC will again be part of the mentoring organizations next year.
Can we have an insight why XBMC wasn't selected as a mentoring organization? (There is an IRC meeting with rejected mentoring organizations the 28th).

I guess I will have to find a new mentoring organization, even if I plan to work on XBMC anyway. I think I may eventually be able to do both, since there is no more deadline for the XBMC project.
I need to improve my English skills, feel free to correct me ;-)
My GSOC 2014 post CANCELLED 2015 one
(2014-02-24, 22:25)M@yeulC Wrote: Thank you. This is really sad, but let's hope XBMC will again be part of the mentoring organizations next year.
Can we have an insight why XBMC wasn't selected as a mentoring organization? (There is an IRC meeting with rejected mentoring organizations the 28th).

Yup, I plan on attending that meeting. I have some guesses now, but probably no need to elaborate until there's some confirmation.
Thank you very much. Let's see, then.
Well that really sucks. Sad
As Nate suggests, if you still want to work on XBMC (while flipping burgers or whatever Smile over the summer, I'm sure there'll be folk around who will be happy to mentor. I certainly will be.

You can get paid the same as I do for your efforts Wink

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

So, what did they say?
What happened?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sorry students, no GSOC this year0