Keyboard Problem (Phantom Sticky Keys)
I have a Logitech k400r on Windows 8.1 and latest stable Frodo.
Was working great for a long time.

Now about 3/4 of a way through a Movie or a TV Show -- the keyboard is seemingly sending SPACEBAR repeatedly.
Movie/Show starts constantly pausing/unpausing. It only happens well into the Movie/Show, never right off the hop.

Verified this stops after shutting off the keyboard or removing the USB transmitter.

I thought at first it was simply batteries in the keyboard that were the culprit, but after changing them out -- issue is still present.
Also tried different USB port same story.

This only happens in XBMC.
Watching anything via Windows Netflix App is fine -- no issues. Generally everything in Windows is fine (no evidence of phantom sticky keys or repeats anywhere other than XBMC)

Searched and searched and haven't found anyone that has a similar issue with XBMC for Windows.

Driving me nuts to say the least.

Any insight is welcome.
Something is toggling this behaviour (might be an appliance or microwave oven, cabby etc.) or the RF device is slightly off calibration or driver software. Make sure you have the correct keyboard mouse driver updated. If you open up the Logitech settings, and if you have a MYMouse setting tab, within that page you will have advanced settings> hit restore defaults. Be aware that the logitech drive might be over written by the O/S driver and you might have to do a re-install of the Logitech system. Settings>Input Devices>Make sure you have just one toggled. What skin are you using? What changes have you made in the software recently?

As a side note: under advanced settings you can have application specific functions.

Interesting conversations with Logitech regarding this keyboard mouse combo. Looking it over leads me to suspect Logitech issues.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Keyboards-...d-p/925088
Skin: Aeon Nox
No Recent Changes -- was working fine for so long then BAM -- issue started.
When it initially presented -- I did not have the official Logitech Software/Driver installed.
After I did install -- issue still present. If it was a windows update -- the Logitech install should have corrected that.

What bothers me the most -- is that this issue is only observed within XBMC.

Like you, my gut leans towards a Logitech issue -- but nagging bother that I do not experience any issues outside of XBMC.

I am going to try restoring defaults.

Probably wont hurt to try another set of fresh batteries just to completely rule that out as well.
I had an issue way back and like you, thought it was an application or hardware... updated the logitech software and all was good... windows overwrote with it's own driver configuration, somehow there was enough compatibility in the MS mouse interface that everything seemed well but it wasn't toggling the logitech driver correctly. Go figure, I didn't recognize the diff between the MS & Logitech GUI software.

New batteries then get on the phone to Texas (I think logitech support runs down there).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard Problem (Phantom Sticky Keys)0