Win noob build
Hi I'm building a htpc (my first one) for my living room
So far I have used an old Via eden case and an old 200W I-paq mini PSU I had laying about with an E45M1-l delux itx mobo / 4Gig of G.skill Ripjaws ram (picked up on ebay)
its basically a E450 1.6ghz dual core AMD APU (already very mildly OC'd to 1.75ghz) with Radion HD6320 on board .I have mounted in the top blowing onto the 'passive' cooler an old 70mm HP cpu fan i had lying about as its extremely quiet and the mobo can control the speed...I'm going to look about at work to find another to replace the PSU fan which is not noisy but not as silent as the cpu fan..
Os is Win7 ultimate 32bit on a Kingston 2.5" 120Gb SSD and also an old 2.5" Seagate 160gb (for media storage..I'll change it for a 2tb drive when funds allow).
I've also got a cheap keyboard and touch pad combo off of ebay.
so far it looks ok (about the size of a dvd player) runs nice and cool , I've never seen temp above 45C on the asus monitoring software
The whole idea of this is to get a unit for <£200 (once 2tb drive is added) that can monitor my outdoor IP cameras when needed and at other times be used a media center PC...etc..

any way sorry if this is a stupid question but
So far I've got Xbmc Working and have several addons.
Does any one have experience of the on board Radion6320 GPU as I'm finding 1080p sources (files and streaming) look ...soft (for want of a better way of describing it), I have two Acer RV100 media players with 2tb drives and 1080p movies look much crisper on the same tv with the same source file(Panasonic ut30 series plasma), are there any specific codecs I have to add for xbmc or is it you think a characteristic of the GPU.

Also I'm having a few issues with my Panasonic sound bar does any one know if the OB Radion6320 is CEC compatible ..or not.

Also is there a way to change the picture behind the home screen on xbmc I have at the moment the Xbmchub picture of a stadium but i'd like to change it , i suspect there's an add on for it but I don't know what to look for and googles not helping tonight.

thanks for any opinions you can offer and also I'd like to say so far i really like Xbmc.
You might want to update the latest AMD driver from here- AMD Driver AutoDetect..
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
cheers will do , It completely slipped my mind to check AMD's site ... asus have no newer drivers on they're site... has anyone tried the E series beta driver on the AMD site.??
(2014-02-26, 00:36)cheapoxbmc Wrote: cheers will do , It completely slipped my mind to check AMD's site ... asus have no newer drivers on they're site... has anyone tried the E series beta driver on the AMD site.??
I found that it is best to use their Auto Detect option. If that doesn't work, you can manually download it from here- AMD Graphics Drivers and Software....
All updated and working cheers
watched a couple a of films last night and all is well .. I Had to bend up the CEC 'pin' in the hdmi cable to stop the htpc randomly stopping the sound from my sound bar, I had to do a the same thing with the HDMI cable from my RV100 a few months ago, since the soundbar is still connected to the tv with a CEC enabled cable the ARC and source switching still works perfectly.
(2014-02-26, 04:21)cheapoxbmc Wrote: All updated and working cheers
Excellent, it's time to enjoy the show then....Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
noob build0