New box for XMBC, what small box is out there?
Hello.
Im looking for to buy a new xbmx box. Initialy I tried using one of mu computers, but it seems my asmsubg tv doessent like it and starts shaking at resolutions above 800*x600.
Iv read somewhwre and I think it was this forum about a new box with preasles started on 15. February. Any idea?

I Hope someone could tip me about 3-4 of the best choices for teh xbox, for a small standalone streamer of movies under the tv.
Just posted to a question by someone else.

I'm really liking the Intel NUC Kits that start at $145.
I'm using the mx2 and the neweer android boxes works great for me takes a bit of setting up but after you install xbmc best for me anyway used the hdmi for my tv on both
mx2 was released almost a quarter of a year ago. is there nothing newer?
How about the boxee box? Its old yes, but its cheap to buy used and should do the trick. is it ok for xbmc use? And also, can it support the Broadcom crystal HD or any other PCi.e if needed?
I use a HP micro server NL40. Works like a bomb!
(2014-02-28, 11:46)Wolfy ZA Wrote: I use a HP micro server NL40. Works like a bomb!

HP Micro server? Hardly small. But NUC is a good choice for small box , OUYA is another option and also a small Nettop PC. Im leaning towards either the Ouya or a Zotac Zbox ID18 (net top) which is cheap at the moment, Cost no more than £100.
cubox-i is very small.
Intel NUC may be a bit pricy depending on your needs - there's Core i3/i5 and Bay Trail celeron SKUs available, the latter is the cheapest. The OUYA may also meet your needs and is a good/cheaper option as Mark142 mentioned here.
(2014-02-26, 10:42)maraxion Wrote: Hello.
Im looking for to buy a new xbmx box. Initialy I tried using one of mu computers, but it seems my asmsubg tv doessent like it and starts shaking at resolutions above 800*x600.
Iv read somewhwre and I think it was this forum about a new box with preasles started on 15. February. Any idea?

I Hope someone could tip me about 3-4 of the best choices for teh xbox, for a small standalone streamer of movies under the tv.

Have you tried changing the resolution?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New box for XMBC, what small box is out there?0