Req TMDB + Fanart.TV
Question 
Hello everyone, I can't really understand what happens when you activate Fanart.tv illustrations.
Does this replace TMDB on all illustrations? Does it complete TMDB when illustrations are missing in our language?

And I understand even less what happens when you activate Fanart.tv and check "Give priority to Fanart.TV artwork over language".
(2024-03-08, 03:38)Bindou Wrote: , I can't really understand what happens when you activate Fanart.tv illustrations.
Does this help explain.... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:The_Movie_...#Fanart.tv

I've moved your post to the scraping forum.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you Kerellen, but frankly I no understand what is happening precisely in terms of order and hierarchy, or anything. (I don't know if it's possible, but I would like to favor TMDB for all illustrations, and look for Fanart.TV only if there are no illustrations in my diaper on TMDB.)

For exemple,
"Prioritize fanart.tv artworks over preferred languageIf an artwork type is not available in your chosen language, then:Enabling this setting downloads the artwork in the first available language.Disabling this setting will not download any artwork for that particular artwork type."

I don't understand if it doesn't download anything, or if it falls back to TMDB? It's not clear at all.
After several tests, if I understand correctly, if we activate Fanart.TV, then it will search for Fanart.TV as a priority, unless obviously there is the language searched on TMDB and not on Fanart. Too bad, I would have preferred that priority was given to TMDB, and that Fanart was the fallback only in case there was the language sought on Fanart.TV and not on TMDB.

Is there a way to reverse this priority? :/ I'm a TMDB content creator, and it's true that I would like it to take priority, although I recognize the wealth of Fanart.TV which is useful for complete. Where can I make such a request?

As for the option "Give priority to fanart.tv works rather than the preferred language", it further forces priority on Fanart TV, completely bypassing TMDB, even when there is French on TMDB and not on Fanart.TV.
(2024-03-08, 17:47)Bindou Wrote: Is there a way to reverse this priority? :/ I'm a TMDB content creator
Create a request here... https://github.com/xbmc/metadata.themovi...hon/issues
I prefer posters from tmdb instead of fanart.tv. Fanart.tv use a weird resolution.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-03-08, 20:08)Karellen Wrote:
(2024-03-08, 17:47)Bindou Wrote: Is there a way to reverse this priority? :/ I'm a TMDB content creator
Create a request here... https://github.com/xbmc/metadata.themovi...hon/issues
I prefer posters from tmdb instead of fanart.tv. Fanart.tv use a weird resolution.

Thanks Kerellen,
Is this the best place for this request?
Could you support my request once I create the query?
(2024-03-08, 23:22)Bindou Wrote: Could you support my request once I create the query?
Yes
My Signature
(2024-03-08, 23:39)Karellen Wrote:
(2024-03-08, 23:22)Bindou Wrote: Could you support my request once I create the query?
Yes
It's done Karellen,
https://github.com/xbmc/metadata.themovi...issues/211

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDB + Fanart.TV0