Win Suggestions for my first dedicated HTPC/PVR
Hi!

I need a HTPC/PVR to mainly record and watch TV, transcode recordings with AirVideo (1-2 simultaneously) and watch movies.

I'll use MediaPortal and XBMC to do the job.

My budget (without Win 7, HDD's and DVB-T tuners) is around 500 euros which should include assembly and delivery to Finland.

It should be good value for money, ok looking, quiet (inaudible 2 meters away) and low power consuming with space for 4 3.5's and one SSD.

What do you think of this?

Intel Core I3-4130T
Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H
2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws-X PC3-12800U CL9
Crucial M500 120GB SSD
2x2TB Western Digital 2TB Caviar Green, 3.5", IntelliPower, 64MB (already have these)
Cooler Master Silencio 352 (4th 3.5 space comes from 5.25)
be quiet! PURE POWER L8 300W

This costs around 450 euros including assembly and delivery. I think it's good value. What do you think? Is there a better option? Are there US shops which deliver to Finland in reasonable prices?
Seems it's ok..?

Thought to change case to Silencio 550 as quietness is more important than size, and memory to 4 GB RipJaws..

Cost is basically the same.
If your case fits the stock Intel cooler (54mm) then save your money and get the i3-4130. The 4130 is already very low power and cool running. The "T" won't save anything at the low usage a HTPC has.

As for delivery (as someone who ships PC all over the world) the big expense is cost of shipping that big case. You'll be much better off if you can get it locally.
(2014-02-28, 19:32)Dougie Fresh Wrote: If your case fits the stock Intel cooler (54mm) then save your money and get the i3-4130. The 4130 is already very low power and cool running. The "T" won't save anything at the low usage a HTPC has.

As for delivery (as someone who ships PC all over the world) the big expense is cost of shipping that big case. You'll be much better off if you can get it locally.

Thanks! Smile

It saves me 11 euros to change 4130T to 4130 but everything is saving! Big Grin

I'll try to buy from Germany (I live in Finland). It costs around 20 euros to ship and I save almost 100 euros in prices.

I was just thinking if prices in USA are much cheaper that if it's reasonable. But probably not... Rolleyes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestions for my first dedicated HTPC/PVR0