TV-Show Single Folder
From what I have read, i am getting confused,.

Simply put, i have two directories. 1) is an archive of organised TV Shows, with series, season etc 2) is a single download folder where all new TV Shows are downloaded.

I haven't been able to verify, but does XMBC support TV Shows in a single directory.

It is not possible to have TV Shows to download to organised Folders, as it is time consuming, and hard to track.

I have a solution that downloads full seasons on season ending which are organised, but during live season, they download to single folder. Trying to organise the 200+ tv series to separate folders before was just a nightmare.

Regards, HTPCServices.com
Have you tried Sickbeard? It does that for you
So i am assuming XMBC does not do this without a need for another add-on
(2014-03-01, 05:48)HTPCS Wrote: I haven't been able to verify, but does XMBC support TV Shows in a single directory.

no this is impossible.

you need to split them in separate folders
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
is there any recommendation to an addon like Mediaportals TVShows
Say again, have you tried sickbeatd?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I had a look and config to login somewhere had me question plugin.

I will look at it thanks
Sickbeard wont support network shares.

I stopped there. I know i can map the drive location, but i am new to XMBC and want to see all options before spending time on any one solution

Thanks
Sickbeard may be overkill if all you want to do is rename. Sickbeard can manage all your TV series, downloading new episodes as they become available, and then renaming them to whatever format/folder structure you choose, and telling XBMC to rescan the library so that it knows the show is there. It's like a PVR, set it to download the shows you like and they pop up like magic.

On the other hand you can use just the filename changing part, it watches a folder and attempts to rename the file according to your rules.

Filebot is also a good renaming program, although standalone rather than a full downloading system. It has a nice gui, but also a commandline version that you could wire into a script that watched a directory in the same way as sickbeard does.

I use the filebot gui for stuff I download not using sickbeard, and for more obscure stuff, and for the backload of incorrectly named stuff.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks Nickr

perfect answer, it appears for anyone reading this, that sidekick is a manage utility that has additional features to download content

It is also obvious that XMBC native does not have this feature to read content from a single folder, but only managed organised folders that follow a structure

For my own purpose, i only need to organise content that is live downloaded, as most of my contenet is actually organised, so i will use filebot to sort these into folders with a post script that can be scheduled as to not interfere with my Seeding. of the torrent

Thanks
HTPCServices.com
filebot can do linking, so you keep the file where ever the torrent client downloaded it, and link to a directory where XBMC can recognise the filename.
Hi Nick

Do you have any examples. Do you have a sample script.

I have only ever renamed shows using filebot GUI. All i wish to do now is link. I don't need shows to be renamed, just organised.

Regards, HTPCS
I use the gui, I should probably have a play with the commandline version.

In the gui, the bottom right button brings up choices to rename/copy/symlink and some others.
So i started to test Sickbeard

As i have configured, it takes shows from my downlaod folder. I have added shows to my list based on my current archive ( organised folder )

Then when i post process, it does takes the files, and copy them to the correct tv shows fodler in my archive, but puts them in root folder of each tv show and does not create sub seasons folders.

is this by design, or am i missing an option.

How do you configure Sikcbeard and XMBC. maybe understanding someone elses config may help.

Regards, HTPCs
My naming pattern is /mnt/tv/%SN/Season %S/%SN.S%0SE%0E.%EN which puts the shows in season folders.

The xbmc notification settings are pretty obvious.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV-Show Single Folder0