Movie Sets and External Scrapers
Everyone, I am frustrated beyond belief. All I want to do is two simple things, but my google-fu has completely failed.

I am trying to do the following things:
1) Have XBMC use my independently scraped data for movie data, and that only. I don't want XBMC to do anything scraper related for movies or TV shows. I use Media Center.
2) I want XBMC to use my my folder structure for creating movie sets, for example, if I add a source called "Movies" and in that source is a Harry Potter folder, and in that folder are 8 folders, 1 for each movie, then it would create a movie set within the movies source for Harry Potter, and lump all the movies within that folder into the set.

-Movies
-Harry Potter
-HP1
-HP2
-HP3
-etc...

Can someone please tell me what to do to make that happen? Every thread or video or website claiming that it knows how to do that just has them both running, but the data does not match up for me.

I am running Win7 x64 on the HTPC and on my PC that I manage data with
I am using remote desktop from my personal PC across the network to my HTPC,

Please help.
Thanks, but you link you posted has approximately nothing to do with my issue.

My issues were:
1) How do I tell XBMC to not scrape anything from the web, and only use what I put in the movie folders from MediaCompanion
2) How do I tell XBMC to not attempt to create movie sets based on online info, and only on what I have the folder structure set up as...

Any more help would be appreciated.

*Edit* Apparently the guy who made the comment erased it while I was posting this. Oh well...
1) In XBMC 13, you can select "Local information only" when you set the content, so it does precisely this.

2) You can't. If you're only using local information, then the movie set is determined by the <set> tag inside the movie .nfo file. If MediaCompanion isn't adding that when it generates the .nfo file, then you'll need to manually edit to add it.
XBMC has to get the data from somewhere to use the library function - if it's not from a scraper (and I suppose you could write your own...) then it needs NFO files. So you need to get your Media Center data into NFOs in a format that XBMC is expecting - filename, XML tags, location. You can handle movie sets as part of that.

I'm not sure what happens if you define a source but don't define a content type... I suspect you can't even import NFO data because XBMC won't know what fields to be expecting. So, you'd need to define the source, set a scraper but fully-populate with NFOs before scraping... XBMC should then use that local information as you've defined it rather than asking thetvdb, themoviedb or whatever.

If you want to automate it based on folder structure then you may have to write a script to insert/edit the appropriate fields.

EDIT

Crossing posts, looks like Gotham better handles the remote scraper vs local NFO angle.
(2014-03-01, 23:29)mjpeisher Wrote: 1) How do I tell XBMC to not scrape anything from the web, and only use what I put in the movie folders from MediaCompanion
2) How do I tell XBMC to not attempt to create movie sets based on online info, and only on what I have the folder structure set up as...
1) If the meta-data is complete, XBMC will scan this in directly without a web scrape. (choose manual refresh to see if MC has everything)
2) XBMC does not create sets, the web database does this, if you use MC, custom sets get overwritten if you web scrape.

Watch out for over managing and micro managing, when none is needed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Sets and External Scrapers0