Movie Source on Gotham local/upnp
Question. I was under the impression I could use upnp on gotham and add a source and have it scrape movies like if i had a local source or mysql (set content). Is that not the case? I thought for some reason in gotham that was a feature. I am on the latest nightly and it doesnt work that way currently.

My plan was to be able to ditch mysql and just use upnp and have the watched labels and resume work but add the sources to movies and tv shows as upnp.
Currently you have to fake it with custom home items (wiki), but this is coming in the future where UPnP sources can mesh with the local library.
(2014-03-03, 06:17)Ned Scott Wrote: Currently you have to fake it with custom home items (wiki), but this is coming in the future where UPnP sources can mesh with the local library.

Thanks for the reply. Is this going to be finished in Gotham? Or in a future version? I would prefer to run one system as a server and use upnp to the other boxes and eliminate MySQL. Where it works like MySQL but through upnp. Sounds like that's what you are saying is possible.
UPnP sources showing up in the "native" local client library will be after Gotham, but if you use a skin that does custom home items then you really can't tell much of a difference. UPnP is what I've been using.
(2014-03-06, 07:19)Ned Scott Wrote: UPnP sources showing up in the "native" local client library will be after Gotham, but if you use a skin that does custom home items then you really can't tell much of a difference. UPnP is what I've been using.

Oh i know. But if i do it that way it will not scrape new items. So i still need to use mysql for the library. so i guess i am not seeing the point of upnp if all the machines have xbmc installed.
You mean to trigger updating the library remotely? I just use the smartphone official (and probably in the third party ones) XBMC remote app to trigger the update for the other XBMC instance. You can also schedule updates on the UPnP host XBMC.
(2014-03-07, 08:00)Ned Scott Wrote: You mean to trigger updating the library remotely? I just use the smartphone official (and probably in the third party ones) XBMC remote app to trigger the update for the other XBMC instance. You can also schedule updates on the UPnP host XBMC.

So basically on your main machine you run everything as a local library and enable upnp. On your remote machines you add say a home screen shortcut to either the upnp video source or a smart playlist. then just run the update on the main machine that has the local library?

Does it auto populate to the remote machines instantly? I know with my mysql setup sometimes i need to update both libraries for it to sync.

does unp pull the images and art remotely or does it store it in local cache as well?
Yes

Yes, but sometimes a given few seems to get "cached", like the watched ticks don't always update right away for me, but I think that is a bug on my network where it is not getting the UPnP update announcements.

UPnP pulls posters and fanart from the "host" XBMC machine. I think it also caches the images, but I don't know exactly how that all works out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Source on Gotham local/upnp0