Scheduling in NextPVR vs Argus TV
Apologies for asking a question that I can see has been asked before, but I wanted peoples opinions on these 2 backends as relating to my particular needs. Both work fine with my tuners/XBMC & I have no stability concerns. What I really care about is the following:

Scheduling - is there anything different in the way that they operate that should make me pick one over the other? Particularly series link.

How smart is the scheduling - i.e. if both tuners are in use when a third program is on, will they try & find a repeat of that third program to record? Are they smart about using the 2 tuners - i.e. if programs 1 and 2 are on after each other, will they use a different tuner for each program, so each gets a minutes padding in the recording?

I use DVB-T, I know there is some system whereby if a program over-runs, the recorder can detect this & extend the recording automatically - do they support this?

Since XBMC can't do series link, the family will be setting up series link in NPVR/Argus remotely - most likely through android. Apps for both backends (nDroid & FTR mobile) seem OK, but how do people find scheduling through them?

Thanks!
XBMC can do series. You have to copy some files to the confluence folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p

do a forum search you'll find it.
I found this thread when looking to see if there is a way to schedule a series in xbmc. I tried to a forum search. I tried every combination of pvr, series, schedule, record I could think of and can't find a single thing that I am looking for.
(2014-03-13, 00:45)sgibbers17 Wrote: XBMC can do series. You have to copy some files to the confluence folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p

do a forum search you'll find it.

The only addon I'm aware of that can do series within XBMC is pvr.wmc
(2014-03-17, 00:13)bluenote Wrote: The only addon I'm aware of that can do series within XBMC is pvr.wmc
The NextPVR addon does as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scheduling in NextPVR vs Argus TV0