When reporting a bug here a log file MUST be provided.
Turn on debug logging in System -> Debugging -> Enable Debug logging
Post the log file to http://www.xbmclogs.com
For more on debug logs see the wiki page log_file
In case screenshots required then also config the folder screenshots will be sent to in System -> Debugging -> Screenshot folder
In order to take a screenshot use the Print Scrn button on your keyboard and use a service such as http://imgur.com/ to upload the screenshot so a link can be posted here.
Mandatory information to be provided when reporting a bug:
- Steps to reproduce the bug
- Any specific hardware you are using
Optional information to be provided dependant on type of bug:
- If a playback problem of a media file then use MediaInfo ( http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download ) to get the file details (make sure View is set to Text) and post result to http://www.xbmclogs.com
- If an audio problem please post a screenshot of your settings from System -> Audio output
- If a video problem please post a screenshots of your settings from Video -> Playback and System -> Video output
- Either the complete file or a sample dependant on size that can be used to reproduce the bug, upload to a service such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft Skydrive/Onedrive where registration is not needed in order to download.
Popular Download links Windows | Android ARM | OSX
Local Music nfos not being read - TRAC *Fixed*
50% brightness problem
Refresh rate problem - hopefully fixed