• 26(current)
Gotham Beta TESTING THREAD
I have tried changing the mapping in the midi setup of my Mac, sorry if that was unclear. I mapped the speakers exactly according to the post above. It did not make a difference. Audio is output to the wrong speakers in Gotham Beta 3, and to the right speakers in Frodo. By the way, even when I set the speakers to 2 speakers in Mac Midi Setup, that doesn't change a thing. Frodo outputs 5.1 channels to the right speakers, as long as I set XBMC audio to 5.1. Same goes for beta3, but then the wrong speakers are used.

EDIT: I think I solved it (somewhat)
After posting to another thread in the OSX forum, I got this reply http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1682335 . I changed the skin to confluence and then switched to advanced mode. I enabled passthrough there, and now it seems to audio plays correctly. At least in the file posted above which I use to test the output. Not sure (yet) how it handles other audio besides DD5.1.
That's quite clear. passthrough codecs are not touched at all by us. It's transfered Raw.

So your issue will only appear with Multi channel PCM streams, e.g. all formats that you cannot passthrough.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-03-05, 11:27)random2 Wrote: At the default value on brightness under video settings set to 50. i get this "layer" that normaly appear on values above 75+ or so when the screen gets to bright. values 49 and 51 is correct.
http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=143392 (think this is the whole log)
check the 3 pictures, value 49-50-51

I confirm the bug.

And I have new information that maybe can help you.

The bug happens if I run XBMC with NVDIA graphics card!
The bug does not happen if I run XBMC with INTEL graphics card ..

This bug is related to NVIDIA graphics card!

I have a NVIDIA GTX 660M

There is a way to set the intel graphics card as the default graphics card for XBMC.
You can do it through the nvidia control panel.

I hope that i gave new information and useful!
When I switch to windowed mode via the backslash-key and then back to full screen it's interpreted as a resolution change, asking me if I want to save the changes. Is this the new default behavior in Gotham or is it a bug?
(2014-04-16, 05:39)nooryani84 Wrote: When I switch to windowed mode via the backslash-key and then back to full screen it's interpreted as a resolution change, asking me if I want to save the changes. Is this the new default behavior in Gotham or is it a bug?

I believe that has already been fixed in the nightly builds, could you check ?
bug?
On OSX at least, hardware decoding is used if you just select "Software" under "Decoding method". To really use software decoding you have to first select "Hardware", then deactivate the now active toggle for VDA. (To toggle multi threaded software decoding you have to switch back to "Software" of course.)

OSX.9.2, Gotham beta 3, MBA 2012
I use beta 3 (probably a later nightly of beta 3) in OpenElec and it's rock solid. Funny thing is movies are not bright like they are in Windows. Must be either in the code or something to do with nVidia. Although nVidia displayed properly in Frodo. Good work to the devs though. Looking forward to the next beta and the final version!
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-04-17, 05:41)Kib Wrote:
(2014-04-16, 05:39)nooryani84 Wrote: When I switch to windowed mode via the backslash-key and then back to full screen it's interpreted as a resolution change, asking me if I want to save the changes. Is this the new default behavior in Gotham or is it a bug?

I believe that has already been fixed in the nightly builds, could you check ?

Uninstalled beta3 (kept user profile folder) and installed the latest nightly. I can confirm that this bug is fixed.

Edit:
Quote:If you are using a Windows nightly build please also download the .pdb file with the same version from our mirrors, rename it to xbmc.pdb and place it alongside the XBMC.exe inside the installation folder.
Should it be XBMC or xbmc (as written) ? I'm assuming that xbmc.pdb isn't case-sensitive?
WIndows - with frodo I was able to set the XBMC GUI to be 1080p @ 60hz, and then 'adjust refresh rate' when playing videos and that all worked perfectly.

In Gotham, I can only chose '1080p' as the GUI mode. This then sets 24hz as the UI mode - making for a very sluggish UI! Adjustr refresh rate for videos appear to work with this setting.

If I then tell it to use 1080i (next step down) - for the GUI, I get a much smoother GUI, but adjust refresh rate for videos does not work (my tv does not go into 24p mode for movies etc).

I can't seem to achieve both desired things at the same time - 1080p 60hz UI AND have refresh rate switching work. The new list only show resolutions, not refresh rates, which is less good than Frodo.

AMD APU, Catatlyst 13 drivers, to Panasonic V series plasma via Denon AVR. - Gotham Beta3

Happy to do a debug log - but do you want a big long one switching between all the settings or a more minimal approach?
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
hmmmm, ok, fixed it - had to adjust it to 1080p/60 at the Windows level outside of xbmc and then that appears to work...there's a new 1080p at the top of the list then in xbmc. Still doesn't show the refresh rate in the list, which is a shame - makes it much less obvious what is going on.

This reminds me - it would be great if xbmc (obviously optionally) kai-toasted what it was doing when switching refresh rates...at least for testing it would be very handy, to make sure it's doing what you think it's doing...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
There is a bug with the rating tag for music not being read from nfo files. It's been reported here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192381

and there: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/15127

Confirmed with latest nightly build.

I would appreciate if somebody would take care of it please.

BTW: Could we get other choices on the bug tickets page when it's time to enter the correct version of xbmc? For now, we cannot put anything else than Gotham Alpha 10 while 3 beta versions are out...
(2014-04-18, 04:21)LEDFan Wrote: BTW: Could we get other choices on the bug tickets page when it's time to enter the correct version of xbmc? For now, we cannot put anything else than Gotham Alpha 10 while 3 beta versions are out...

I second this. Would save both posters and crew unnecessary work.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
(2014-04-18, 17:57)pr0xZen Wrote:
(2014-04-18, 04:21)LEDFan Wrote: BTW: Could we get other choices on the bug tickets page when it's time to enter the correct version of xbmc? For now, we cannot put anything else than Gotham Alpha 10 while 3 beta versions are out...

trac is broken and will never be fixed. we have to live with it until we find something better
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-04-18, 17:59)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-04-18, 17:57)pr0xZen Wrote:

trac is broken and will never be fixed. we have to live with it until we find something better

Broken it may be, and fixed wont be. However Wink

PPL can just ignore that Version drop down menu and select nothing/blank (top most option) and then On the Revision Field put whatever you want instead which could be a complete Version + Build-date + git hash (14.0-ALPHA1 Git:20140418-49d1cc3) or Beta or whatever the build may be reported against.

Done and done, may not be of much service adding certain bugs to certain build automatically or whatever the version filed is suppose to do on trac (but given the broken comment), it will give a correct overview of the exact version/revision being reported against.
How come I didn't think of this solution before...Blush Good tip! If people conform to this, overvew would be cleaner. Maybe this should be included in a sticky somewhere.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham Beta TESTING THREAD2