Release XBMC 13.0 Gotham – Beta1 rises!
Great job guys!

Some questions:
I just did an isf callibration of my projector, has gotham changed something according to picture quality? (Like gray, black scales,color production, or brightness level etc?) i hope not.

The upnp server thing and "play using" option.. Can somebody tell why this is useful? Or are they 2 separate things? How does it differ to airplay? I've got my whole movie collection on an unraid server (separate machine), should i install the upnp server on that then? And prefer it over mysqlibrary?
Just so you know what sort of user I am...I'm not the sort of person to run nightly builds or monthly builds. I always run whatever the latest 'proper' release is, so up until last night I was running 12.3. However, seeing some of the features on the beta I thought I'd give it a go. Now, I haven't played around with the settings much, but what I did do was test a couple of 1080p and 720p films (Oblivion and Wolverine) with DTS 5.1 passthrough. I had increasingly noticed (more so than my wife) little stutters and jerks on slow panning shots especially. Prime example is the 'Universal' logo at the beginning of a film where it scrolls around the Earth. Very choppy. Not so bad when you're in a heavy action sequence.

I tested these films specifically, because I've seen them recently on 12.3, and noted that they had judders in panning shots. Well, colour me surprised and pleased.

Both films, smooth as silk. I don't know what you did or how you did it, but thank-you, thank-you, thank-you to all the developers involved! It's like watching from the original source on a Blu-Ray player.

Now to play around with the rest of it.
(2014-03-05, 01:18)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 00:48)Elroy Wrote: I installed opensubtitles addon, it works and sees subtitles and also downloads it but it won't show up. Tried on Windows 7, my note3 and on my MK808B hdmi stick. So i guess no one has subtitles?

Subs work for me. If you could start a thread for your issue and include a debug log (wiki) in the help sub-forum, we'll see what we can do.

Wich language and version of opensubtitles do you use? Also on what device? Maybe i did something wrong in settings
Guys how come I can't download the new skins it says incompatible why?
(2014-03-05, 17:07)Saskue Wrote: Guys how come I can't download the new skins it says incompatible why?

This is explained in the blog post on xbmc.org
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-03-05, 17:28)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 17:07)Saskue Wrote: Guys how come I can't download the new skins it says incompatible why?

This is explained in the blog post on xbmc.org

Thanks will check it out know
Hi guys,

I was not able to start gotham on my ATV2 (acrtualy 3 of them).
Got this error:
"SELECT idVersion FROM version" and it wont go ahead.
I had Frodo 12.3 with advanced.xml config for mysql DB.
Anyone facing the same trouble?
Meantime I revert back to Frodo 12.3

Regards
Chris
Yeah! Great job!
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
Congrats Team XBMC!!!
So many improvements to what was already a great product. It's truelly amazing what great minds can do when knowledge, passion and foresight come together
Smile Great Job
have the video addons caught up yet?

i was using the latest nightly builds a few weeks back but many addons were still incompatible with gotham, if livestream works with gotham now, i would be interested in reinstalling gotham..

can anyone confirm please..

thanks
I tried searching and couldn't find the answer. Does the upnp that is mentioned in the article apply to watched tags syncing or is it just for audio/video purposes? Just trying to figure out if I still need mysql.
Watched status is updated/shared with UPnP.
(2014-03-05, 15:54)Elroy Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 01:18)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 00:48)Elroy Wrote: I installed opensubtitles addon, it works and sees subtitles and also downloads it but it won't show up. Tried on Windows 7, my note3 and on my MK808B hdmi stick. So i guess no one has subtitles?

Subs work for me. If you could start a thread for your issue and include a debug log (wiki) in the help sub-forum, we'll see what we can do.

Wich language and version of opensubtitles do you use? Also on what device? Maybe i did something wrong in settings

i also installed subtitle on the new gotham 13 and it would not come up on the screen.after downloading it.english subtitle
(2014-03-05, 20:42)Cberthu Wrote: Hi guys,

I was not able to start gotham on my ATV2 (acrtualy 3 of them).
Got this error:
"SELECT idVersion FROM version" and it wont go ahead.
I had Frodo 12.3 with advanced.xml config for mysql DB.
Anyone facing the same trouble?
Meantime I revert back to Frodo 12.3

Regards
Chris

So Hi all,

I got it sorted out. I configure a new MYSQL DB and set on of my XBMC to connect to this new DB Server and let it write all new (MyVideo78) all fine all i changed was in the advancedsettings.xml the destination of the mysql db server.
I copied afterwaerds the MyVideo78 on my old db server started xbmc and it worked.
Some fanart poster and so on had to be corrected but nothing troubling.

Regards
Chris
I just tested Beta on Linux.

Beta 1 is worse than alpha I previously used. I use xbmc for watching live tv (tvheadend backend). When signal is bad, alpha version show green pixels on screen, instead of video. Beta1 hangs immediatelly and I need to restart my computer. Is there any chance you will take a look on this?

It's unacceptable, so I switched to alpha again,sorry. Please let me know if you even want to try to fix this issue - if so, I can provide debug logs. Also I can try to record corrupted stream with errors from live tv, and you will see how xbmc hangs on it.

But I don't want to create thread that will be ommited, so please let me know.

[edit]
It seems to be caused by ffmpeg, beta1 has newer version? This is part of log:

Code:
DEBUG: ffmpeg[27FFF700]: [h264] Found reference and non-reference fields in the same frame, which is not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one from Git. If the problem still occurs, it means that your file has a feature which has not been implemented.
21:01:59 T:140171223758592   DEBUG: ffmpeg[27FFF700]: [h264] If you want to help, upload a sample of this file to ftp://upload.ffmpeg.org/MPlayer/incoming/ and contact the ffmpeg-devel mailing list.
21:01:59 T:140171223758592   ERROR: ffmpeg[27FFF700]: [h264] decode_slice_header error
21:01:59 T:140171223758592   ERROR:  (VDPAU) Error: An invalid pointer was provided.(4) at VDPAU.cpp:1081
21:01:59 T:140171223758592  NOTICE:  (VDPAU) FiniVDPAUOutput
21:01:59 T:140171198580480  NOTICE: CMixer::OnExit: Output Thread terminated
21:01:59 T:140171198580480   DEBUG: Thread Vdpau Mixer 140171198580480 terminating
After this, xbmc is dead completly.

I created thread for this issue: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1646343

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13.0 Gotham – Beta1 rises!3