Ouya and the new Hdhomerun x264 transcode box
Anyone using this PVR solution with the HDTC-2US? Am wondering if I will still receive the x264 transcode through WMC and or will the OUYA be able to play the recorded WMC files from the HDTC-2US.
I dont have any specific experience however my understanding is that if the silicon dust network tuner provides the h.264 video to WMC rather than MPEG2, WMC will store the H.264 in the WTV container files and we will then remux that to TS for live viewing, or XBMC will simply play the WTV file and I imagine should be able to decode the H.264 inside it. So hopefully it will all work OK, as per this post http://www.silicondust.com/forum2/viewto...68&t=16452 it sounds like they arent currently sending the transcoded video to WMC due to some bug but mentioned they were working on a beta driver that would do this. That was a few weeks ago so perhaps it's done now.

Sorry I cant share any actual experience and can really only say "hopefully it should work" ! Smile
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Took the plunge and bought one. I can confirm the plugin works perfectly and that I can play the recorded shows without having to demux them first.
One cool feature to add if possible would be the ability for the plugin to allow channel viewing by way of bypassing WMC and use dlna directly to the HDTC-2US, but still utlilizing WMC for EPG and Recording functions. This would allow wicked fast channel changes. Downside would be starting a recording of current show being viewed and length of pause times, but something I could live with.
Any chance this is possible?
Either way, WMC solution for XBMC PVR is hands down the best. Simple, quick, and easy to set up.
Thanks.
so did you confirm that your video format is actually H264? And what did you mean by playing the recorded show without having to demux first? Are you referring to the serverWMC optoin "remux all recordings" and saying you used to have to set this so that things worked on your ouya?
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2014-03-07, 13:17)proline Wrote: One cool feature to add if possible would be the ability for the plugin to allow channel viewing by way of bypassing WMC and use dlna directly to the HDTC-2US, but still utlilizing WMC for EPG and Recording functions. This would allow wicked fast channel changes. Downside would be starting a recording of current show being viewed and length of pause times, but something I could live with.
Any chance this is possible?
Either way, WMC solution for XBMC PVR is hands down the best. Simple, quick, and easy to set up.
Thanks.

Holy shit! That would be awesome. Sort of a hybrid WMC\HDhomerun backend! Actually, could the clients communicate directly with the HDhomerun via DLNA instead of going through SWMC?

Krusty, what tuners do you use?
I have demux disabled. Ouya will play the stream either way though as long as the HDTC box is set for x264 transcode to WMC.

Yeah....more I thought about it today it would be badass....LOL

Like I said only for viewing channels either use DLNA directly to the DLNA server in the Hdhomerun box or even further taken using the .strm files used by all hdhomerun boxes. Only limit I see is instant record of channel currently viewed disabled as a result and length of pausing live tv would be limited to buffer in xbmc, but still retaining epg and recording of other channels/times piped through WMC. Seems to me the only possible way at this point for XBMC to have the almost instant channel changes everyone complains about. And it would put Krustys WMC plugin at the top of the list for PVR solutions Wink (even though it already is for me ...lol)
I don't have a network tuner, neither does scarecrow. Its hard for me to spend the money to get one because my cheapo card based tuners and swmc/xbmc solve distributed tv for my family so its hard to justify the cost. Anyone want to lend me (or scarecrow) one we could take a look. Or even better, scarecrow and I would love company and would provide any help a new developer needs to come up to speed. If you're not a developer yourself, talk to your developer friends!
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Krusty,

Do you have a donation button? A prime costs $99 these days. I bet you'd get more than enough money to cover the cost even splitting it with your other developers if you'd put one up. I can't wait to donate!
If your cable company has cable cards I can loan you my 3 tuner prime. It also does DLNA and .strm files so would be an equivalent to the new transcode tuner I have, Just the cable card tuner does not do ATSC so you would definitely need the card to test. Or post a paypal donation....I know I am not the only one willing to donate a few dollars towards this.
If you cannot get a cable card I can loan you my 2 tuner Hdhomerun. Would only allow you to focus on .strm files though....no DLNA

Or walk me through what testing you need done and I will do it.
I wanted to buy one of these, but I can't believe they only came out with a 2 tuner version. I currently have the Ceton Eth 6 (6 tuners)

1) I like having as strong as a signal as I can get. I would would have to get a 3-way Coax splitter!
2) I would have to go from 1 cablecard to 3 cablecards, that's a bigger Comcast fee per month.

I'm still very curious about the x264 hardware transcoding ability though.
This tuner does not support cable cards, only ATSC (over the air). Supposedly a new 4 tuner cable card one is coming out soon that only supports cable.
(2014-03-09, 03:04)proline Wrote: This tuner does not support cable cards, only ATSC (over the air). Supposedly a new 4 tuner cable card one is coming out soon that only supports cable.

Ah ok that's good to know. I'll be watching and waiting.
(2014-03-09, 01:17)proline Wrote: If your cable company has cable cards I can loan you my 3 tuner prime. It also does DLNA and .strm files so would be an equivalent to the new transcode tuner I have, Just the cable card tuner does not do ATSC so you would definitely need the card to test. Or post a paypal donation....I know I am not the only one willing to donate a few dollars towards this.
If you cannot get a cable card I can loan you my 2 tuner Hdhomerun. Would only allow you to focus on .strm files though....no DLNA

Or walk me through what testing you need done and I will do it.

Thanks for the lone offer, I need to think about whether I want to spend time going in this direction. It would be fun to play with, but getting my cable card company to do anything is usually a pain. Also I don't know when I would get to it so I'd need to know your expectation for when you want it back.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
No rush on getting it back. I f your cable company still has any unencrypted channels it will work without the hassles of cable card setup for testing.
over-the-air channels should come in unencrypted on cable coming out of the wall. I think the prime will work with these without getting a cablecard.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ouya and the new Hdhomerun x264 transcode box0