Mother F....., I mean
I was looking at building a HTPC and need a Motherboard. I was looking at the ASUS P8H61-I R2.0 LGA 1155 Intel H61 HDMI USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard it has built in WIFI. I found it on Amazon for a good price.

Anyone know if this will work?
I have the ASUS P8H61-I and it does not have built-in wireless.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H61I...ifications

Consider changing the thread title to something more in-line with your question.
Mother foard?
Mother F...orgot to check the specs... Wink
No wireless on mine either.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Who need a wireless board these days when one of these "Edimax Wireless AC1200 Dual Band USB 3.0 Adapter (EW-7822UAC)" can be connected to the front USB port....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2014-03-05, 16:21)bluray Wrote: Who need a wireless board these days when one of these "Edimax Wireless AC1200 Dual Band USB 3.0 Adapter (EW-7822UAC)" can be connected to the front USB port....

that is a really handy suggestion.... thank you... Nod

by the way have you tested it with openelec?
(2014-03-05, 16:21)bluray Wrote: Who need a wireless board these days when one of these "Edimax Wireless AC1200 Dual Band USB 3.0 Adapter (EW-7822UAC)" can be connected to the front USB port....

To have a simple design and not worry about drivers. Atleast if it is inbuilt drivers can be found and compatibility issues too!
(2014-03-05, 19:16)kindrudekid Wrote:

To have a simple design and not worry about drivers. Atleast if it is inbuilt drivers can be found and compatibility issues too!
It's plug/play. I never have any driver issue with wireless dongle. It's as simple and as easy as plug in HDMI cable in the back. If you don't want to see it, you can plug it in the back next to HDMI cable.....

(2014-03-05, 18:59)solamnic Wrote:

that is a really handy suggestion.... thank you... Nod

by the way have you tested it with openelec?
Sorry, I don't use any OS other than Windows....
The one you linked has linux drivers issue when I bought it, had to return it
(2014-03-05, 20:23)kindrudekid Wrote: The one you linked has linux drivers issue when I bought it, had to return it
As I don't use Linux and any OS other than Windows, I have no clue. I owns so many wireless dongles all these years, and I never have driver issue on Windows. Maybe, you can try this one "Premiertek 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Dual Band 2.4GHz/5GHz Wireless USB 2.0 LAN Adapter up to 433Mbps (PT-8811AU)". You can find more wireless dongles for Linux here- Linux Wireless Adapters...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mother F....., I mean0