High/erratic FPS during playback - not smooth
Guys
I have a Windows 7x64 box with XBMC Frodo 12.3. I'm using Intel Haswell with the latest VGA driver.

When I reboot and start XBMC then playback with 24p or whatever is fine. The FPS is stable and everything is smooth. I put my XBMC to sleep when not using it. Then, when I resume (either on the first resume or sometime later..not sure) I playback the same material and XBMC becomes all unstable all of a sudden. I mean the FPS jumps between 30 and 50FPS and the playback is not smooth at all. I have to reboot to get it clean again.

Any ideas what is going on??

thanks!
Anyone?
Surely I'm not the only one with this type of setup.
thanks
Did you search? The problem has been around for many years. Whilst not the most elegant solution, the only way to 100% fix it seems to be to use scripts to kill XBMC and re-open it on sleep/resume. If you search you'll see the many things people have tried (and their success and failures)

Don't think anyone has been ever to pinpoint whether it's an XBMC bug or a Windows issue.. I know it doesn't occur on OpenELEC which makes me think it's more likely a Windows timing issue.
Yes I searched...didn't see anything.

What a shame.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High/erratic FPS during playback - not smooth0