Req Second Screen control (Youtube.com/tv type features for XBMC)
If you have never used youtube.com/tv it is basically youtube with a nicer (TV friendly) interface.

But it has a pretty cool feature which lets you connect your youtube Android app (probably iPhone too) to it and from the standard youtube app you can tell it play videos on youtube.com/tv

I think this would be a pretty cool addition to XBMC allowing you to choose a movie/episode/song etc. from within one client like the android app and tell it to play on another. This also leads to some pretty cool additional features like allowing you to create a queue of files to auto play when the previous finishes and even seeking through the file.

This may be a big ask but I think it would add some pretty cool feature and really take advantage of the cross platform design of XBMC.

Although there are many different ways for this to be used this is how I imagine it would work:

In some setting menu you initially create a pair between the two clients, this is simply saved information to allow them to connect easily in future.
After all that is set up somewhere there is an option to connect/disconnect the two clients if they are disconnected each will work as normal you choose an item and it plays on that client. But if they are connected when you choose something to play you are given an option:
Play on current client - Plays as normal
Play on connected client - This send tell it to starts playback on connected client,

Or this opens a second menu:
Play now - on connected client
Play next - after current playback finishes
Add to queue - plays after all previous queue finishes

Finally some of these options could be turned on or off depending on the situation.
e.g.
You are having a party with friends and playing music through your media centre:
You have an tablet floating around that people can look through your music collection and when they choose a song they are given the option to add it to the queue (without showing other option). This all happens without any interruption to the main music playing client.
This is just one example of how this could be used. (This example is even better if your music is actually music videos, so that the video on screen never needs to be interrupted)

I would love to hear anyone's opinions or ideas about this.

-Mala

EDIT: Added info on how I imagine it too work.
EDIT 2: Grammar and spelling.
Although I did not read through it all (sorry) you should be able to do this just with the remote app. You can browse through your library and select stuff to play or even queue stuff. You can also play from one xbmc installation to another with the new "Play To" feature.
Don't know what you mean with the youtube.com/tv thing though :-P
Thanks for your reply I din't know tthat was already in xbmc will check it out and youtube.com/tv is simply basic looking menu for youtube that you can pair a phone with to control from the standard youtube app on it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Second Screen control (Youtube.com/tv type features for XBMC)0