Update Ember?
Hallo,

how can i update to a new Ember version without loosing all my settings (for film and series scrapping)?
Copy Settings.xml, AdvancedSettings.xml, Media.emm and Temp folder to new installation. Works in most cases.
Hi there,
about an hour ago, i updated from Ember 1.3.0.17 to Ember 1.3.0.20.

I did it, like you advised it: copy Settings.xml, AdvancedSettings.xml, Media.emm and Temp folder to new installation.
Then i started ember and went through the short dialog - the sources where ok and in the file-settings i changed from my old chaotic system to the Frodo-setting (button).
After that, all looked very good but then i pressed "update database" and since then Ember is looking for data. For about an hour...

So what would you advise me to do? I really don't want to loose all my covers!!!

EDIT:
Well, i was able to solve the problem:
I moved the Ember-folder from c:\programs\Ember to c:\Ember.
I don't know why, but now its working.
Blush
(2014-02-28, 22:30)contadino Wrote: Hi there,
about an hour ago, i updated from Ember 1.3.0.17 to Ember 1.3.0.20.

I did it, like you advised it: copy Settings.xml, AdvancedSettings.xml, Media.emm and Temp folder to new installation.
Then i started ember and went through the short dialog - the sources where ok and in the file-settings i changed from my old chaotic system to the Frodo-setting (button).
After that, all looked very good but then i pressed "update database" and since then Ember is looking for data. For about an hour...

So what would you advise me to do? I really don't want to loose all my covers!!!

EDIT:
Well, i was able to solve the problem:
I moved the Ember-folder from c:\programs\Ember to c:\Ember.
I don't know why, but now its working.
Blush

Sounds like you have UAC enabled, Program Files is a protected directory.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update Ember?0