Req Portable Social Jukebox for Partie running XBMC
Hi everyone !

here is The project idea that i'm currently working on

It's a portable Boombox Battery powered that will include a Raspberry pi running XBMC connected to a wifi access point (integrated to the boombox).

The thing I would like to do is to make it a social jukebox (Touchtune style) so everyone around the boombox could connect to xbmcremote (or something similar) to add music at the end of the queue.

currently i've been testing xbmcremote and it's working pretty close to what I try to achieve.

the only missing part is the ability to restrict xbmcremote features. Also i would like to be able to deactivate the play now function so people can only put song at the end of the Music Queue.

Ultimately I would like it to have a credit feature so people can add only lets say 10 song every 2 hour. That would let everyone participate in the making of the playlist.

sadly I have very little to no knowledge with coding so my skills stops there.

I've searched and didn't find anything close to what i want.

do you guys think this is possible/complicated ?

thank you !

Also let me know if you want more info on my little project
Portable? that looks massive
It's the the size of a toolbox.

I haven't measured it but its maybe 24x10x8. it needs to be powerful enough to run at a decent volume outside so it can't be ultra small....anyway depending on the needs it could be made whatever size you want...

plus i want it to run on battery for a long time so it needs space for the batteries also.

i made it out of those speakers : Technics SB-T200 that i found in the trash Tongue

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/5776/p1020171x.jpg
Know this is an old thread... Buy I really like this idea, and I'd like to find out how far you got with this??

Ed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Portable Social Jukebox for Partie running XBMC0