[SOLVED] Gotham 3D Issues
What's wrong with

1. Play the movie
2. From the XBMC dialog that pops up choose the 3d option you want (TAB or SBS or whatever)
3. (If the TV does not switch to 3D mode) Press the 3d button on the TV remote.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Why even have the dialog? Let XBMC auto detect the 3D mode.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
I guess because it allows for situations where your TV is not even 3d capable, like playing with anaglyph coloring.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Does anyone here has a laptop with a 3D screen?

I have my VAIO VPCF215FD it works with nvidia 3D vision and it is glass active, I am trying to use XBMC to watch movies in stereo but no success so far, it does turn the 3D function when I enter in XBMC but not when it is playing movies it seems that just the screen controls are in 3D and the whatever is playing keeps showing the both sides on screen.

Any tips?

Thanks!
Yes, you have to disable nVidia 3d vision in order for 3d to work properly in XBMC.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-03-07, 06:42)baijuxavior Wrote: This is the expected behavior. You need to enable 3d mode as SBS in your TV manually. XBMC won't switch your TV to 3dmode automatically. There are some addons for LG and Samsung smart TVs which can switch the TV to 3D mode when a 3d movie is selected in xbmc. There is also a test version of xbmc by afedchin which can convert SBS/OU movies to frame sequential 3D, but you need a 3d capable nVidia or Intel GPU.

Any idea where I can find the addon for LG tvs?
Can't seem to figure out how to find that in the forums... says search is too short.
(2014-03-07, 06:42)baijuxavior Wrote: There is also a test version of xbmc by afedchin which can convert SBS/OU movies to frame sequential 3D, but you need a 3d capable nVidia or Intel GPU.

I cannot find this particular build. Have searched the forum also. Care to share?

EDIT: Nevermind, got it.
(2014-06-14, 11:42)patseguin Wrote: Yes, you have to disable nVidia 3d vision in order for 3d to work properly in XBMC.

Really? what would be the correct way to do that? The only way I know is on the nvidia 3D panel and disable the stereoscopíc function but nothing works in 3D then, can you help me with that please?

Thanks.
Use Google with site:forum.xbmc.org in the search terms.
(2014-03-07, 16:06)patseguin Wrote: So, they keys were #1, use full screen instead of full screen window. #2, name the file with .3d.hsbs for a proper 3D trigger. I don't have any but if you have an over under rip it would be .3d.htab.

Same problem with me. Unfortunately, I cannot find the setting to use "full screen" rather than "full screen window". I know where it used to be "(video output), but it is no longer there in Gotham 13.2 beta3?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
So what is or isn't happening for you?
(2014-03-07, 14:30)patseguin Wrote: I thought that too but when I went to try and put my TV in 3D mode, I saw that it already was. It's like XBMC is putting it in 3D mode then displaying 2 2D pictures side by side. Even if that is the case, it seems like an inconvenient way to do it, I play the movie then have to grab my TV remote and press 3D. Nevertheless, with the movie displayed like it is in the picture, the TV is in 3D mode already. In fact I tried toggling 2D and 3D to see if anything happened.

See above. I am facing the same issue. It toggles to 3D mode, but still displays both 2D pictures separately.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2014-08-10, 04:34)steve1977 Wrote:
(2014-03-07, 14:30)patseguin Wrote: I thought that too but when I went to try and put my TV in 3D mode, I saw that it already was. It's like XBMC is putting it in 3D mode then displaying 2 2D pictures side by side. Even if that is the case, it seems like an inconvenient way to do it, I play the movie then have to grab my TV remote and press 3D. Nevertheless, with the movie displayed like it is in the picture, the TV is in 3D mode already. In fact I tried toggling 2D and 3D to see if anything happened.

See above. I am facing the same issue. It toggles to 3D mode, but still displays both 2D pictures separately.

Still the same here, no solution yet it seems that the only thing in fullscreen and working in 3D is the UI the movie plays in 2D in the background it should be the opposite. Anyone still having the same issue?
Have you switched your TV to 3D mode?
Yes, actually it is a 3D laptop like I said before and yes the 3D stereo is working but only for the UI the movie is playing in the background in 2D it´s like you are looking a movie through a tunnel, I hope it makes sense.

Any tips?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Gotham 3D Issues0