Sungale Cloud TV box
Just got one of these and am initially impressed. For what you get - it is pretty capable. I am especially interested in attaching it to some external storage and figuring out how to record.
I was all set to build a HTPC, and despite the increased capabilities, the Sungale's price ($99 on their webstore) is what I was going to pay just for the HTCP enclosure!
Does anyone else have one of these?
Do you have any advice?
Pete
Sounds and looks like an RK3066, which really isn't great for $100. Amazon reviews say that support is horrible, they have almost no info on their website, and the only way I figured out that it used rockchips was because the upgrade PDF mentioned the rockchips firmware update tool. I'm wondering if this is a spambot, because almost nothing even mentions that it runs Android, so this really isn't the kind of box someone would come across for XBMC.
(2014-03-07, 20:56)pikeman666 Wrote: the Sungale's price ($99 on their webstore) is what I was going to pay just for the HTCP enclosure!

Can you return it? I was facing a similar situation several months ago, and I wanted something inexpensive. I decided to build a cheap HTPC that is adequate for use as a DVR combined frontend and backend. I saved money by using a used TiVo case and TiVo hard drive. I paid less than zero dollars (not including the time I spent) for the case and hard drive after selling some of the TiVo components. I have been happy with it so far. The prices below are several months old and do not include the CableCard tuner, which is not applicable depending what you want to do. There is a better solution for the fan, but the way I did it works fine.

TiVo case and hard drive = -$2.41
ZOTAC Mini-ITX Motherboard D2550ITXS-B-U = $167.99
4GB Crucial DDR3 2 2GB Memory Modules CT25664BF1339 = $37.68
Total = $203.26

Ted
My blog

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sungale Cloud TV box0