• 86(current)
[SUPPORT] USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand)
Download the add on again from he GitHub link in post 1252, and use it to reinstall add on.
Otherwise you can just take the cbs.py file out of it and copy it over your current one (you may find a reinstall eaisest)
Hey,

I use this on the fire tv 4K box with unblockus DNS and always encounter the problem of it stopping half way through streams. And can't get anything from CBS too.

Any help on this issue would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
(2016-09-22, 17:52)drdwridav Wrote:
(2016-09-22, 17:40)Eye in the sky Wrote:
(2016-09-17, 15:23)drdwridav Wrote: Doesn't say much but I do think it's Blindspot that is causing the issue. I've deleted it from my USTVVoD favourites, rebooted kodi, and now library auto updater is working fine again for me. Bizarre!!!

Same problem with Law & Order: SVU.
New and returning NBC TV Shows are not updating.

Yep, i agree with that. Think there's a need at the moment to remove all returning/new NBC shows to keep library updater working for the rest.

I have CBS working but can't get NBC to work. When I select a show, it just hangs until I kill Kodi. Windows 10 PC, in the US. We don't have any favorites saved either. I thought I had the updater off but a few days ago my CBS fix got overwritten. Can anybody recommend a hack for this or tell me where the library auto updater is to turn off?
THX!
(2016-10-28, 06:39)sldt Wrote:
(2016-09-22, 17:52)drdwridav Wrote:
(2016-09-22, 17:40)Eye in the sky Wrote: Same problem with Law & Order: SVU.
New and returning NBC TV Shows are not updating.

Yep, i agree with that. Think there's a need at the moment to remove all returning/new NBC shows to keep library updater working for the rest.

I have CBS working but can't get NBC to work. When I select a show, it just hangs until I kill Kodi. Windows 10 PC, in the US. We don't have any favorites saved either. I thought I had the updater off but a few days ago my CBS fix got overwritten. Can anybody recommend a hack for this or tell me where the library auto updater is to turn off?
THX!

You need to avoid trying to us NBC I'm afraid at the moment. Alternative is to use the WNBC addon which is available in the official kodi repo...
(2016-10-28, 08:40)drdwridav Wrote:
(2016-10-28, 06:39)sldt Wrote:
(2016-09-22, 17:52)drdwridav Wrote: Yep, i agree with that. Think there's a need at the moment to remove all returning/new NBC shows to keep library updater working for the rest.

THX!

You need to avoid trying to us NBC I'm afraid at the moment. Alternative is to use the WNBC addon which is available in the official kodi repo...
Ok, glad it's not just me. I've been spoiled by FreeCable/USTVVOD. Thank you!
Howdy. I feel silly for not having found the answers, but I'm not finding a good description of exactly what USTV VoD offers.
I'm not interested in live TV, and kodi is not a PVR like mythtv, so
1) does USTV VoD have source(s) for all those stations that keep all the shows played in the last weeks, and you can just select a show and play it?
2) commercials/no commercials/skippable?
3) more generally I didn't think there is a free source of all TV shows played in the last X days/weeks to be streamed freely, is it?
So how what does the plugin offer exactly, and what source(s) does it use to provide those channels/shows?

Thank you, Marc
(2016-11-16, 07:21)marcmerlin Wrote: Howdy. I feel silly for not having found the answers, but I'm not finding a good description of exactly what USTV VoD offers.
I'm not interested in live TV, and kodi is not a PVR like mythtv, so
1) does USTV VoD have source(s) for all those stations that keep all the shows played in the last weeks, and you can just select a show and play it?
2) commercials/no commercials/skippable?
3) more generally I didn't think there is a free source of all TV shows played in the last X days/weeks to be streamed freely, is it?
So how what does the plugin offer exactly, and what source(s) does it use to provide those channels/shows?

Thank you, Marc

It's commercial free catch up tv. It just pulls episodes that are freely available from each channel's catch up website and puts them in one place, rather than having a separate add on for each channel. You can then create your own list of favourite programmes. Unfortunately it's not actively maintained at present so bits are starting to break...
(2016-11-16, 09:36)drdwridav Wrote: It's commercial free catch up tv. It just pulls episodes that are freely available from each channel's catch up website and puts them in one place, rather than having a separate add on for each channel. You can then create your own list of favourite programmes. Unfortunately it's not actively maintained at present so bits are starting to break...

OMG, I didn't realize someone even did such a thing, it must be hundreds on different shows spread out on those many channels, each with their own source page, and as you hint, it must break every time the host channel website changes its web page layout or locations.
Still, super impressive work that this has worked at all, although too bad to hear that it's indeed starting to break Undecided
Is there a way to check which versions of kodi, a specific plugin like this works, or is it typically only "the last released version" ?
Anyone having problems getting into NBC?
(2016-11-21, 03:03)vijayk416 Wrote: Anyone having problems getting into NBC?

(2016-10-28, 08:40)drdwridav Wrote: You need to avoid trying to us NBC I'm afraid at the moment. Alternative is to use the WNBC addon which is available in the official kodi repo...
It appears this addon isn't being maintained anymore, but I thought I'd mention that Comedy Central no longer works. It hung in there pretty well for a long time, and I was able to watch quite a few shows up until a week ago, CC must have reorganized their website.

If anybody has any suggestions, or some way of watching The Daily Show without using a browser, let me know!
RIP Comedy Central on USTV VOD, it was nice while it lasted Sad
Thought it might be useful to start catalogue for exactly what is working and what the issues are. Here's my list:

Working well
CBS (but need new .py file from GitHub to scrape. Also not working in windows krypton (Inputstream issue?)
Fox
The Cw (hls and rtmp fine for me)
ABC
ABC family/freeform

Partially working
Syfy (not scraping any new shows)
NBC (not now scraping new episodes from fall 2016 onwards)

Not working
History
Comedy Central
(2016-12-09, 14:39)drdwridav Wrote: The Cw (hls and rtmp fine for me)

Unfortunately The CW hls streams fail to play for me in USTV VoD (HTTP Error reason: HTTP Error 400: Bad Request) but play fine as m3u8 or strm files.
Working

ABC News
Adult Swim (free content)
CMT (free content)
Crackle
Disney Channel
Disney Junior
Disney XD
Logo TV
MSNBC
MTV
MTV 2
PBS
PBS Kids

Not (or partially) working

A & E (content is listed but episodes fail to play)
Bravo (only clips available)
Cartoon Network (content is listed but unlocked full episodes fail to play)
Food Network (only clips full episodes are not showing up)
Lifetime (content is listed but free episodes fail to play)
National Geographic Channel (no content, login required)
National Geo Wild (no content, login required)
Oxygen (only clips, login required for full episodes?)
Spike (free content is not showing up or episodes fail to play)
TBS (login required)
TCM (login required)
TNT (login required)
Tru TV (fails to load content)
TV Land fails to load content
USA Network (login required for full episodes)
VH1 (only clips, free full episodes are not showing up)
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand)10