• 88(current)
[SUPPORT] USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand)
(2017-04-05, 15:33)kturley Wrote: Found that if you load the cssutils package from the .zip directly
https://github.com/moneymaker365/xbmc-xb...ls-1.0.zip

Into Kodi 17.1 (on both android and fire tv stick), then go to the events and install the USTV free cable database add-on again from XBMCplus add-on repo, then the USTV VoD add-on will install.
The key was the cssutils failing. Installing it direct from the .zip let me get the rest installed.
But even after the cssutil successfully installs the USTV free cable database add-on will fail if install WITH USTV VoD addo-on from super repo. install the USTV free cable database add-on itself then try the VoD add-on again.

Hope this helps someone.

THANKS
installed that zip
then just installed from xbmxplus repo then install fine with no dependency errors
Can't get CBS to work at all now

anybody else having trouble?
(2017-09-03, 20:57)MDfreeMovieGuy Wrote: Can't get CBS to work at all now

anybody else having trouble?
Yeah, same problem. I can get the episode list back by editing cbs.py replacing:

Code:
section_metadata = re.compile('video.section_metadata = (\{.*\});').findall(season_data)[0]
with:
Code:
section_metadata = re.compile('"section_metadata":(\{.*\}),"next_video"').findall(season_data)[0]

Which takes it on to the next error where when choosing an episode lookup_meta() now can't return the correct PID because it's not directly in the HTML of the page. Removing the User-Agent header for that part fixes it and ultimately returns a rtmp://... .mp4 URL but then can't play it. The log shows...

NOTICE: VideoPlayer: Opening: rtmp://cp48590.edgefcs.net/ondemand/<snip>.mp4 swfurl=http://canstatic.cbs.com/chrome/canplayer.swf swfvfy=true
WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):: Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
ERROR: DXVA::CProcessorHD::IsFormatSupported: Unsupported format 105 for 1.
NOTICE: Creating InputStream
NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.ustvvod/...

Is moneymaker365 still maintaining it?
No he isn't, add-on hasn't been updated in over a year.

https://github.com/moneymaker365/plugin.video.ustvvod
Geeesh

does anybody know another addon that can get CBS shows like this one could?
I'm actually looking for the soap operas, for my mom.
I've got CBS working up until the point where it actually tries to play the video. It seems that CBS has made some major overhaul's to how they render and display video on the web. I'm not the best with Kodi and playing videos but I can hack anything apart!
Good luck!
I still have commit access to the Github repo, so if you even find a solution to get CBS working, I can commit it. However, I can't do a release. For me it's also too complicated to keep maintaining everything. I do watch Colbert on CBS, but I now use the CBS Android app and a Chromecast. There are ads, but it does work.
(2017-11-10, 19:52)dv505 Wrote: I still have commit access to the Github repo, so if you even find a solution to get CBS working, I can commit it. However, I can't do a release. For me it's also too complicated to keep maintaining everything. I do watch Colbert on CBS, but I now use the CBS Android app and a Chromecast. There are ads, but it does work.

Yeah those CBS ads are HORRENDOUS, that's what I have to resort to.
Was US VOD the only one that displayed CBS shows? My mom misses it because she was using it for soap operas
(2017-11-10, 19:52)dv505 Wrote: I still have commit access to the Github repo, so if you even find a solution to get CBS working, I can commit it. However, I can't do a release. For me it's also too complicated to keep maintaining everything. I do watch Colbert on CBS, but I now use the CBS Android app and a Chromecast. There are ads, but it does work.
I apologize for the long break. I would like to know if the add-on is still functional? I would involve your commitment.
Everyone is welcome to continue to update this add-on if you are interested. If you're interested, contact me and I'll add you to the repo. I don't have time to maintain the project 100%. Otherwise, I will shut down the project.
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
I apologize for the long break. I would like to know if the add-on is still functional? I would involve your commitment.
[/quote]

Hi moneymaker. Great to see you back. A few channels still work fully (abc, abc family, the cw). Most no longer scrape and either return no programmes or fail to play).
The Disney Channels are still working and Fox miraculously started to work again with v. 1.4.2.
(2017-12-26, 15:10)Eye in the sky Wrote: The Disney Channels are still working and Fox miraculously started to work again with v. 1.4.2.

1.4.2??
Isn't latest on GitHub 1.4.1?
On my version fox stopped scraping a few months ago, though shows already in favourites still play and update..
Latest version on github is 1.4.2, repo updated yesterday.

I had the same issues with Fox, changelog says, there is a fix for CBS, but unfortunately CBS is still not working for me.

https://github.com/moneymaker365/xbmc-xb...eo.ustvvod
Any chance for an update? I found Kodi really late, then found this add-on but it doesn't work anymore with many channels Sad. It would be amazing to be able to use it. Are there any alternatives for Kodi?
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand)10