• 53(current)
[SUPPORT] USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand)
Hello, love this app but has been buggy for me.

When launching the app, usually i can watch a single episode without issue. But when watching a second one, during playback it boots me back to the menu screen. Once this has happened i cannot watch or restart another show. If I use another app (say like PBS or YouTube) playback is fine. I must close Kodi and restart for it to allow me to play another episode thru USTV VOD.

I installed from repository v1.3 and have a log file

http://xbmclogs.com/pfyks0p7a

There may be a simple-sh solution, what version of Kodi are you running and what hardware?
I'm using Kodi 14.2, hardware is win7 PC. All of the details are in the header of the log file.
I had a weird bug today, I was watching Comedy Central's This Is Not Happening, and the subtitle got mixed up in the middle
What I think is happening, is that the episode is split on 4 parts, and in the 2nd part it's showing me the 3rd subtitle instead of the 2nd one (i checked via the audio menu)

of course i just went and loaded the 2nd one and watched the show, but i thought you (the dev) might want to know
Hi! Amazing add-on, I'm just still dazzled by how you can provide so much awesomeness.

Two things though..

1. I would really like to donate. Is there a way?
  2. I still wonder why there are so many "Favorite" ways. Only one works for me. What are the others?

Using Fire TV Stick!

THANKS!
Community project so no donations.

Can you elaborate by what you mean by so many favorite ways? There is the 'USTVV/oD - Mark as favorite' option and that's it.
(2015-04-28, 11:16)slices Wrote: Community project so no donations.

Can you elaborate by what you mean by so many favorite ways? There is the 'USTVV/oD - Mark as favorite' option and that's it.

That's too bad. With favorites I meant that Kodi apparently has different "Favorite" functionalities. For home screen etc. I then figured out that - as you said - the one responsibly for the "Favorite Shows" menu was a different one.

Anyway, now I have real issues though. I just tried watching something and it just doesn't happen.

System: Amazon Fire TV Stick
Internet: 100Mbit Fibre Cable
Log file: http://xbmclogs.com/pkk3pnepw
Description: What I was trying to do is simple, watch something from CBS. It just starts saying it will open, and then either nothing happens, or the "Playback Failed" message is displayed. I tried restarting the stick a couple times, but nothing. This seems to be a problem (I feel?) with shows I already started watching. Any idea?

Thanks!
wondering how often shows from Comedy Central get scrapped -- The Daily Show, The Nightly Show.

my reason for asking is that shows from yesterday (last night) don't show up on the USTVVOD queue until after 9am (EDT), sometimes 10am(EDT) that day.
when i can obviously see them on the website. So I know they're there, but they are not available to me through the Add-on.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2015-04-28, 16:53)duncemi Wrote:
(2015-04-28, 11:16)slices Wrote: Community project so no donations.

That's too bad. With favorites I meant that Kodi apparently has different "Favorite" functionalities. For home screen etc. I then figured out that - as you said - the one responsibly for the "Favorite Shows" menu was a different one.

Anyway, now I have real issues though. I just tried watching something and it just doesn't happen.

System: Amazon Fire TV Stick
Internet: 100Mbit Fibre Cable
Log file: http://xbmclogs.com/pkk3pnepw
Description: What I was trying to do is simple, watch something from CBS. It just starts saying it will open, and then either nothing happens, or the "Playback Failed" message is displayed. I tried restarting the stick a couple times, but nothing. This seems to be a problem (I feel?) with shows I already started watching. Any idea?

Thanks!

Yes the addon's own favorites as separate.

Looking at that log it looks like you have the login options set for CBS, I assume the user and and password are correct etc.

(2015-04-18, 08:11)Crashwell9 Wrote: Hello, love this app but has been buggy for me.

When launching the app, usually i can watch a single episode without issue. But when watching a second one, during playback it boots me back to the menu screen. Once this has happened i cannot watch or restart another show. If I use another app (say like PBS or YouTube) playback is fine. I must close Kodi and restart for it to allow me to play another episode thru USTV VOD.

I installed from repository v1.3 and have a log file

Try the latest github version, although I'm working on a few other things that may increase stability.
(2015-04-28, 17:00)slices Wrote: Looking at that log it looks like you have the login options set for CBS, I assume the user and and password are correct etc.

I actually tried reinstalling, disabling the login etc, but nothing works.

In particular I have issues with "Scorpions", the episodes "Young hearts spark fire", "Once bitten, twice die" and other. Some before that date and some after work okay... Sad

Is there a way to completely reset the add-on, including my favorite, play statuses, cache etc? I tried deleting the addon folder, but that didn't do anything.

// ANYWAY... started using Genesis! Smile This worked for me now.
New setting in the github option, 'Use built in' ssl and 'Choose Quality', if you have a build with ssl support and don't need to choose the bitrate this should make things more stable for abc and fox.

(2015-04-28, 18:35)duncemi Wrote:
(2015-04-28, 17:00)slices Wrote: Looking at that log it looks like you have the login options set for CBS, I assume the user and and password are correct etc.

I actually tried reinstalling, disabling the login etc, but nothing works.

In particular I have issues with "Scorpions", the episodes "Young hearts spark fire", "Once bitten, twice die" and other. Some before that date and some after work okay... Sad

Is there a way to completely reset the add-on, including my favorite, play statuses, cache etc? I tried deleting the addon folder, but that didn't do anything.
Works for me. The problem is with episodes that require login? Do they work for you on the cbs website, you have a valid up to date CBS All access account?
Hey all, new to all of this. Was wondering if there was a way to get ustvvod here in Canada?
@ guy8888

In Canada (without a US vpn or proxy) I watch:

Adult Swim
Comedy Central
Crackle (US lineup)
The CW
PBS
PBS kids.
The CW recently added all of Whose Line episodes to their website: http://www.cwseed.com
but they don't show up in the addon

is there a possibility that you might add them?
For a long time I have been looking for a legal way to watch some of the TV shows on The CW including the clips on my TV in Germany. A few days ago I installed Kodi on my Fire TV Stick and I am really excited. I was even more impressed when I discovered the USTV VoD add-on. You are doing a really great job.

But I have serious doubts if the streams provided by USTV VoD really originate directly from for The CW because of two reasons:
1. I can watch the streams in Germany without using a DNS proxy or VPN (unlike when watching by using the CW app on my smartphone or with my browser on my PC).
2. There are absolutely no commercials

I really do not want to stream from illegal sources so is there a good explanation for these two suspect features?
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand)10