New Xbmc Computer
Hell all ,

i want to buy a new computer for XBMC and i would like to hear what you think about this configuration :

this is the Case for the computer :
http://www.tzag-elita.co.il/%D7%A7%D7%98...92/60/467/

with:
I5
8 giga ram
2 Tera HD
120 G SSD
and Wifi NetStick
Win8.1

i also wanted to ask about a PVR , ( for Live TV ) do you nhave any recommandetion

this is the keyboard :
http://www.rapoo.com/ProductShow.aspx?PT...MYnMq2o%3d
more than sufficient I would have thought... so does it come with m/board pre installed then.... what about graphics?
I use mine for PVR and using this for satellite : pctv 460e and this for HD freeview : pctv 290e (I use 2 of these)
Combined, I never have any problems at all using the NextPVR backend.

J
overkill for xbmc
Although I haven't yet found one view I do agree with nooryani84 on, this is the first time. That's very much overkill.

I think you're in Israel so I've tried to look for a components store there but not really found one. That case only supplies 150W, which would be fine for general XBMC usage but it's a waste of money to put an i5 in there with 8GB RAM and a SSD.

I think the currency is ILS so I've used that below.

The most important part of the HTPC is the GPU, a 115 ILS AMD 5450 would be more than enough to play full 1080p content without a dropped frame. This is what I would build if I wanted another HTPC:

- Low-powered dual core CPU, Atom/Turion/similar
- 2-4 GB RAM
- AMD 5450/6450 1GB Passive cooling
- 2TB+ HDD (put the OS on there as well)
- Wifi dongle or in-built
- PVR really depends on which service you have
- Windows 8/8.1
- That case is fine
- Keyboard is up to you, I use the K400 from Logitech on ALL my HTPCs, battery lasts around 8 months to 1 year and does everything I need it to.

The above will be quick, play all 1080p content you have and work very well with XBMC, plus it will be much cheaper.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
I'd say forget wifi and invest in wires.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-03-09, 00:38)nickr Wrote: I'd say forget wifi and invest in wires.

That's sort of obvious, but not every user has the luxury of doing so. I don't use wireless at all but have tested out streaming 1080p content over N, it's ok'ish. Not tested AC yet.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Xbmc Computer0