How to better support Samsung TVs..
Looking at the conversation between Samsung TVs and Serviio, one part of the Serviio conversation that is markedly different is how it replies to the "getcontentFeatures.dlna.org" header.

For example, Serviio enumerates the contentFeatures.dlna.org reponse as follows:

contentFeatures.dlna.org: DLNA.ORG_PN=MATROSKA;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01500000000000000000000000000000
transferMode.dlna.org: Streaming
realTimeInfo.dlna.org: DLNA.ORG_TLAG=*

01500000:
* 1000000 24 streamingTransferModeSupported
* 400000 22 backgroundTransferModeSupported
* 100000 20 dlnaVersion15Supported

A fuller list of features is:
* 80000000 31 senderPaced
* 40000000 30 lsopTimeBasedSeekSupported
* 20000000 29 lsopByteBasedSeekSupported
* 10000000 28 playcontainerSupported
* 8000000 27 s0IncreasingSupported
* 4000000 26 sNIncreasingSupported
* 2000000 25 rtspPauseSupported
* 1000000 24 streamingTransferModeSupported
* 800000 23 interactiveTransferModeSupported
* 400000 22 backgroundTransferModeSupported
* 200000 21 connectionStallingSupported
* 100000 20 dlnaVersion15Supported

From this list, which is it reasonable to expect xbmc to able to support as is today?
iirc mkv support in xbmc to fix something related to upnp was fixed in gotham builds. Upgrade to beta and try.
(2014-03-09, 18:52)uNiversal Wrote: iirc mkv support in xbmc to fix something related to upnp was fixed in gotham builds. Upgrade to beta and try.

I'm already at that point.

What the DLNA features bit string represents is the capabilities of the DLNA server to the renderer and it is for the renderer to then make features available locally based on what the server can do.

For example, I would imagine that if xbmc advertised that it could do time based seeking (lsopTimeBasedSeekSupported) then using chapters inside of mkv files would work. Now I don't know that for sure, but it would seem like a reasonable conclusion to me that to use chapter markers in mkv, mp4, etc files requires some sort of ability to seek based on time within the file and the way for xbmc to communicate that capability to the TV is through DLNA feature flags.
I can only point you to https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4339

Specifically what montelesse response about libplatinum which is what xbmc uses for upnp afaik.

The upnp mkv fix was also merge in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3660 which should be part of gotham beta.

idk anything technical about chapters and upn abilities beyond the user status, ust wante to point to relevant commits and pr's so if you didnt already know then at least you are aware.
(2014-03-12, 18:26)uNiversal Wrote: I can only point you to https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4339

Yes, that is a pull request that I submitted...
I've done more work on this along the lines of what was suggested by the libUPnP folks: added caching using MAC addresses (where available) instead of using the IP address.

The code to query the ARP cache of the operating system is somewhat platform specific. Thus there needs to be a special bit of code written for Windows, another for Linux, and so on.

Personally I can only test Windows and Linux - both of which I have working.

How should code like this be submitted for integration into XBMC?

The primary issue here is that I've no ability to check that the compile will succeed on other platforms, especially Mac OSX and iOS and further, I fully expect that the change will break the compilation on at least one platform if not many so that would require other developers to help - and I don't like the idea of submitting code that I know will break the compile.

Thoughts on how to proceed?
Create a pull request on github for review. Compilation on other platforms will be helped with by other devs.
If you added code to our upnp library (platinum) it should be send upstream to them as well.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to better support Samsung TVs..0