Bug External .ass subtitle not display
Hi, i'm using XBMC gotham beta 1. I've played some mp4 file with external .ass subtitle but the subtitle does not displayed at all. the subtitle working just fine with other played i'm using. i then muxed the mp4 file with the .ass subtitle file to form mkv file and the subtitle worked just fine. The .ass subtitle working when embedded in mkv file but not working as external .ass file..sorry for bad english
XBMC doesn't support SSA/ASS subtitle formats because FFmpeg doesn't. I might be very wrong but I don't think I am - see here.

Your only option is to convert to one of the above formats, SRT is the most well received, here is a freeware app that can do this for you.

Hope that helps Smile
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
External ASS subtitles are working in my Gotham build (compiled from git source).
(2014-03-11, 12:37)baijuxavior Wrote: External ASS subtitles are working in my Gotham build (compiled from git source).

Maybe you could let the user who started this post if you have any particular add-ons installed which make this work?

I am not using any subtitle addons. I tested a .ass subtitle created from srt file using srt23dass, a tool for creating ass files for sbs/ou 3d files from srt. The option 'Override ASS/SSA subtitles font' is enabled in xbmc subtitle settings, but disabling it doesn't change anything.
If it works then I'm guessing the subtitle files the OP has are not formatted correctly, that's the only thing I can think of really. Since I only use SRT I'm out of ideas.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External .ass subtitle not display0