Colorspace Adjustment for Zotac ID91 doesn't work
Hi all,

I'm running Openelec actual version on my Zotac ID91. The Zotac ID91 is powered with:

Chipset H81 Express
GPU Intel HD Graphics 4400
CPU Name Intel Core i3 4130T (dual-core, 2.9 GHz)

The Zotac is connect to my beamer JVC X35 via HDMI.

Everything is running, but black is displayed on the screen as drak gray !!

I found out, that this is a known problem related to Intel GPUs with a solution documented here in the xbmc wiki:

http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...#tab=Intel

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Color Space

Intel doesn't have an option to set colorspace in their xorg.conf yet. If you want to set the colorspace then you will have to create an autostart.sh file and use the following

xrandr --output HDMI3 --set "Broadcast RGB" "Limited 16:235"

Make sure to check the output of xrandr first to see which display is actually connected.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

But this adjustment doesn't work on my ID91, or better, there is no difference between before/after activation of the descriped solution.

Display device I have checked, this is HDMI2 on my ID91.

Anyone an idea?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

racethepace
(2014-03-10, 21:46)racethepace Wrote: Everything is running, but black is displayed on the screen as drak gray !!
Instead of "Limited 16:235" you probably need "Full"
Hi,

just installed OE 4.0 Beta 1 and it works! Picture is perfect (black) now.

But I didn't find the option for colorspace adjustment. It looks like that this option is not available in the current Beta ...

Best

racethepace
I've had a Zotac id91 for four months.After playing around with five recommendations which were all returned. Decided to go for overkill, spend the money and stop playing around with "almost, but not quite!" Started with Win 7 Ultimate and Gotham beta's. Quiet a change. Things worked, was able to sit down with my family and enjoy the entertainment. EVERYTHING streamed 1080p no studder, no spooling cept for some of the pirate stuff. Then got dissatisfied with windows and felt there had to be a better mouse trap. Scared of Linux, so thought OpenELec was not for me. Kept reading how easy it was to install, how fast it was. Visited the OpenELec website. All I have to do is download a file unzip it to a flash drive, boot off it, instant XBMC! Didn't take long to replace the hard drive with a little spare I had and chose to install rather than run.

Love my Zotac, Love OpenElec. I don't know if my Zotac id91 is overkill or not. It is our entertainment center now. Next project? Live TV tuner/ DVR. Any suggestions?

Foodog

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Colorspace Adjustment for Zotac ID91 doesn't work0