Linux TVHeadend 'No input detected' after suspend/wake
Hello,

I should point out that I'm new to TVHeadend, so please bear with me.

Like the title said, when I suspend my computer, and then wake, I can't tune into any channels. I get the 'No input detected' error. However, when I reboot, my channels are back.

Can someone explain to me why this might be happening? Thanks.
USB tuner?
No, it's PCI.
Hmmm... I don't have any of those, so can't immediately say, but I'd dig into lspci before and after a suspend. I'd guess that the card isn't coming out of hibernation and may need a kick-start to get it going again, perhaps also a restart of tvheadend.

It'd be worth checking with w_scan or similar, to see if anything else can access the card after resume: if not, it's an OS/card/firmware issue, and tvheadend is merely the symptom.
Often times the kernel modules for the DVB card will have to be reloaded when the computer is woken up. Openelec supports configuring this from within XBMC, if you're using something else you might have to do it manually.
I'm just using XBMC, on Mint. How do I do this manually? Is this something I can find in the TVHeadEnd docs?
It's not a tvheadend issue - it's an OS issue. If it is the kernel modules, I guess you'd need to use lsmod before and after suspending to see what's loaded, and then use insmod to load stuff in between. You may also need to restart tvheadend... you'd need to see, as it *might* just carry on if the card is where it expects it to be.
I had this problem, too. This fixed it:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125819

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVHeadend 'No input detected' after suspend/wake0