• 14(current)
Release [Helix-Isengard] WiMM - Web interface Media Manager for Kodi
WIMM-ng 5.0.1
  • increase genre and tag field sizes
  • increase maximum width for large screens

Installation instructions can be found on the release page.
(2015-04-15, 15:17)fyfe Wrote:
(2015-04-15, 10:13)uNiversal Wrote: * Cosmetically/Functionally, I dislike the genre box type used way too many types for other bits, not only you cant read the genres where multiple, the arrow up/down is cumbersome to use.
Yes everything has just been thrown in and jumbled around to look semi presentable. I need to tweak the form layout.

I only half answered this one earlier, the reason for all the multi-line text areas is because they're the easiest way to implement fields that contain lists (ie genres and tags). They're not the most aesthetically pleasing but they are functional and that's my priority for now. However I will tweak things I go along based on feedback Smile

My previous attempts at a rewrite have always died because I've focused to much on getting everything perfect first time. This time I'm concentrating on getting the main features (the ability to edit media metadata) implemented as cleanly as possible, then I'll make it look pretty and finally I'll add the extras people want.
Yes of course, hence I said these changes aren’t really the important ones, back on my first post.

The idea behind the feedback was so that, now some parts feel cumbersome were addressed at a later stage, but given how early it is, I wouldn’t expect a refined solution until much later and even suggested some that resolved that issue (though they don’t manage the fields etc.) something for you to drawn inspiration from.

I much rather see all features in and working.
Lightbulb 
WIMM-ng 5.0.2
  • add view movies by genre, tag, set and recently added
  • add view tv shows by genre and tag

Also the change log bundled with the add-on has been cleaned up to remove the commit links because it looks ugly when viewed in Kodi.

(2015-04-15, 17:04)uNiversal Wrote: One test vm with 1400x1050 same issue as with 1920x1200 on main Desktop. which makes the title text quite bad to read also.

@uNiversal did v5.0.1 make the posters larger and text easier to read?
Lightbulb 
WIMM-ng 5.0.3
  • fix a name conflict with the page controllers

watch gallery
Lightbulb 
Ok I have now successfully tested WIMM-ng 5.0.3 on the following browsers:
  • Chrome 42 - Windows 7
  • Internet Explorer 11 - Windows 7
  • Opera 28 - Windows 7
  • Pale Moon 25 (aka Firefox) - Windows 7
  • Chrome - Android 5.1

The only issue encountered so far is
Hi,

I'm using KODI 14.0

I tried to install "webinterface.wimm-ng-5.0.3-helix.zip" as instructed:
Go to System > Add-ons
Select Install from a zip file
Browse my C drive to locate the zip file
click OK

After I click OK, nothing happens, Kodi just goes back to the add-on page.

no error, warning or notification.
and when I go to System > Add-ons > Get Add-ons
I don't see "WIMM Repository "

IS there a another way to install this web interface?
thx

HB
You can unzip it into addons folder next to [userdata] but if you have to ask, its not recommended.

Installing via wimm repo requires one wimm addon to be installed first.
Installation instructions for the WIMM repository are here.

Can you post a copy of the Kodi log when it fails to install from the zip file.
Would love to try the new interface wimm-ng, but, I can't connect. If I select wimm, all i well. When I choose wimm-ng all I see is the spinning circles. The about page shows not connected under Kodi. Any ideas? Thanks
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Hi,

I did use the official installation instructions.
however, since today was my Kodi maintenance day, I also updated Kodi from 14.0 to 14.2
this has done some magic since WiMM suddently showed up in the web server config page!
I love these unexpected good news.

cheers

(2015-05-02, 15:48)fyfe Wrote: Installation instructions for the WIMM repository are here.

Can you post a copy of the Kodi log when it fails to install from the zip file.
I have just realised that WiMM is the new name for XWMM.
But WiMM seems to have a lot less features than XWMM
In XMM I liked the file browser that shows all problems (path or file missing)
I think showing the movies in a list of file name was also great. showing movie poster makes it slower to browse.
I just realized you didn't realize that xwmm half the stuff didnt work, like the file stuff (you miss so much) which was removed. But good news. Smile

WIMM is being rewritten from scratch and only 1 person working on it afaik, so please lend a hand in development and maybe all the features will be added asap.

Else hang tight. Things take time to happen.
OK so I upgraded to Isengard Beta1 to find out my web interface no longer worked. Looked into it and found multiple updates to the change over to WiMM (even though the main page is sorely out of date) and got the latest 5.0.3 installed. Now my web browser just sits with 2 spinning blue half-circles and no interface comes up.Rather disappointing.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Helix-Isengard] WiMM - Web interface Media Manager for Kodi1