Connecting XBMC to multiple set top box
Hi everyone,

I have an Ubuntu 12.04 Server connected with 32TB network drive and i have multiple set top box and each set top box connected to TV.
I would like to know how to connect set top box to xbmc server, so that user can view both channels from set top box and videos from storage.
How should i connect multiple set top box to XBMC server and stream movies from server to set top box and view it in television
What do you see as 'XBMC Server'?
A random set top box won't run XBMC on it. As far as i know you need to have XBMC on the device connected to your TV. In your example that seems to be the set top boxes.
You could then connect the XBMC instances to a central MySQL server.

So the main questions are:
What kind of Set top boxes do you have?
What is XBMC server?
I have 5 TV connected to 5 Motorola VIP1003 set top box. I have a dell server installed ubuntu12.04 with 32 TB external storage. I need to run XBMC either on server or on set top box
So that i can view you tube, videos, play music, view pictures on my TV. My scenario is like this i need to connect all these 10 TV's to xbmc and view videos and play music.
How can i achieve this, i have 10 Motorola VIP1003 set top box, 10 TV, 1 Server, 32TB storage, fully networked LAN. How can i communicate from this server(storage connected) to these TV using XBMC. Please help me
I'm sorry, but as far as i know you can't.
I don't think the VIP1003 can run XBMC (if someone else has more info please add...).
XBMC reads the files from your server and then sends them to your TV (the basic set-up of XBMC). Since you don't actually have XBMC installed anywhere along that line (Server-STB-TV) you can't use it.

Perhaps there is some generic media player standard installed on the Motorola's, you might be able to use that to stream your media, but that's it...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Connecting XBMC to multiple set top box0