Intel NUC - Harmony Remote - Sky Problem
Hi all not long got my self a NUC i have the DN2820FYKH all set up great (running Windows 8.1)

However i have a weird problem my Sky remote power button turns my NUC on! I use a harmony touch which obviously does the same thing when powering on sky. Has anybody else had this problem or can suggest a fix ive searched everywhere its very frustrating!

Jamie[/align]
Hi, do you have a FLIRC USB dongle on your nuc ?

it would do that..
Hi thank you very much for the reply no I don't have a FLIRC dongle I'm using the built in IR receiver how would I fix it with the FLIRC? Wondering if there's something similar I can do with what I have iv searched and searched and am yet to find anybody coming across the same problem Confused thanks again for your reply
I am also having this exact same problem and am unsure how to fix this. Did you find a solution?
What kind of TV do you have? Is it a Philips TV? According to the main DN2820FYKH thread, the early Media Center Remotes (which the NUC is designed to respond to) were made by Philips, and some of the IR codes are similar. I have a Philips TV, and my Philips TV remote will turn on my NUC when I try to turn on the TV. If I turn on only the NUC by remote, it does not turn on my TV.

I haven't found a proper way around this situation, unfortunately.

EDIT:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/o/ASIN/B001HNH1WE?tag=adapas-21

Okay, it looks like the Sky remote is made by Philips. That's why the Sky remote turns on your NUC. I think the simplest options in this case are to simply live with the problem (if it's not a major annoyance), or to replace your Sky remote with another universal remote made by a different company (assuming you don't have a Philips TV). I recommend the Logitech Harmony series if you're looking to switch remotes.

Second Edit: Okay, I re-read the original post and just realized the OP is referring to a Sky set top box, used for watching TV. I'm assuming that box is manufactured by Philips and shares the same PowerToggle IR code as the old Philips Media Center remote controls, which is what the NUC is picking up. At this point, I'd say that there isn't going to be an fix to this situation, except for getting a different brand of TV box that isn't manufactured by Philips.

(2014-03-12, 12:16)jinkyjim Wrote: Hi, do you have a FLIRC USB dongle on your nuc ?

it would do that..

Most people aren't going to buy an FLIRC for the current generation NUC models, because they already have a built in IR receiver. It would be quite redundant and unnecessary for most people.
Hi all.

Just found this thread as I was having the same problem with my DN2820FYKH with the built in IR sensor.

Switching the Sky box on brings the NUC out of standby.

Luckily, my resolution was quite simple as I usually switch on the Sky box with my Onkyo AV amp remote.

I reprogrammed the Onkyo remote to use an older Sky remote code. The Sky remote still brings the NUC out of standby but the Onkyo remote doesn't anymore.

It's not perfect but it suits my needs well.

I hope that this will help someone else but as I don't have a Harmony remote I have no way of testing it.

Regards.
I had been wondering for days why my NUC was always on, and then this morning I realized the Sky remote was causing it very annoying indeed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Harmony Remote - Sky Problem0