Posters Not Displaying
@ jingai

I'm referring the same problem with post 1
And not only with the posters but with the fanarts as well.
I have to fix them one by one manually.
It happens only with this skin.
If i change the appearance to all the other skins, everything is perfect.

I did not try the Artwork Downloader, because all my movies will be filled with extrathumbs and extrefanarts, and my system will be slower eventhough i use SSD

Yes, i use the frodo 12.2

Thanks for your reply.
I repeat that i love the view : Poster and Fanart
It is the reason that i use your MOD.
(2013-05-07, 21:14)Hitcher Wrote: The posters probably weren't scraped initially and a screen grab got assigned to the thumb value.

If you want to identify those movies in your library that are using embedded screengrabs instead of the correct artwork, run the "qa" option of the Texture Cache Maintenance utility. If you want those movies it identifies to be refreshed (removed from the library and re-loaded, hopefully this time with the correct artwork), use the "qax" option.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-06-08, 20:43)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: I'm referring the same problem with post 1

Apologies -- didn't even realize I was in this thread (thought it was the main WIP thread). Been pretty busy lately and as such, kind of scatterbrained.

(2013-06-08, 20:43)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: I did not try the Artwork Downloader, because all my movies will be filled with extrathumbs and extrefanarts, and my system will be slower eventhough i use SSD

This is your problem then -- you *do* need to use Artwork Downloader. Other skins will happily look for local artwork on their own, but Metropolis only uses what's available in the database.

If you do use local artwork, you will need to configure Artwork Downloader to load it. Additionally, you can configure it to omit artwork you don't want (like extra thumbs and extra fanart, as you mentioned).

It is confusing, I know -- but Artwork Downloader isn't really only for downloading new artwork anymore (as of Frodo). It also populates the database with the entries needed for Frodo skins.
I also have this problem and yes I used Artwork Downloader, but still have the problem.
Your skin is not using the "poster"-value but "thumb"-value. But if the Artwork Downloader did not find any poster for the movie then there is not any "thumb"-value in the Choose art menu. How can I then set custom poster for the movie? Other skins are using "poster"-value and I can set my custom poster.
Metropolis skin:
Choose art menu
Confluence skin:
Choose art menu
"poster" is the artwork type introduced with Frodo, "thumb" is the pre-Frodo equivalent, so it sounds like the Skin is not fully Frodo-compliant. I seem to recall there being a call which would return poster/thumb correctly, GetIcon or something similar.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
It's been fixed for a while now (May 6, actually), but not yet released. I had originally anticipated the next release to be a couple months ago, but got really busy..

If you want it fixed now, you can use the version in the Passion repo or pull it from git. Otherwise, I'm afraid it might be a little longer before I can manage the time to get the next release out.

I may sacrifice a couple of other features I had planned for the next release just to get it out the door sooner. But there are still a couple little things that need to be fixed before I can.
Thanks for the tip, I am using the Passion repo now.
Hi,

I've been trying for a while now to install the newest version of Metropolis skin (2.6.9) on my Raspbmc to address the problem with screen grab displaying instead of poster art (when the scraper does not provide artwork) but seem to have some problems with it. When I try to install it through Passion repo the skin is marked as broken and I get "Dependencies not met" message. When I tried to install it from a zip file it didn't work at all. Finally I just overwritten the files over my 2.6.3 install and it worked after restart but every time I start my RPi I get a black screen which I have to exit from to start using XBMC and extended weather view is all messed up. Am I doing something wrong? Why is Passion repo version marked as broken?
I am not really sure of the status of the Passion repo version -- that was something Stoli had set up, and he's since moved on to other things.

My best advice is to just wait until the next release, which will be soon. 2.7.0 is coming for Frodo and 2.8.0 for Gotham.
Thanks jingai - waiting for 2.7.0 then Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Posters Not Displaying0