XBMC gives black screen and closes
(2014-02-27, 15:48)timberland Wrote: I have a Rikomagic MK902 with 'Beyond XBMC 12.4-flump.
What about asking the modder: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...eta-3-3%29
Unless it's a mod of the mod Big Grin
OKAY- after all this time I was determined today to figure this out. I started off by tearing my device down completely and disconnecting the on-board mouse and keyboard. When that didn't seem to be the case I also disconnected the webcam. Long story short, this wasn't the case. It was that by default my file system was holding me back due to XBMC not having the correct permissions. SO, with that being said, I rooted my device the other day (Kocaso WonderMedia NB726A; if anyone else has one of these, you can use the same procedure to root yours as the 8650 devices. NOT Z4root or Uberoid. I used RootBurner, worked great; throw files on SD, reboot, installs automatically). I followed the instructions on this page and still ran into problems. To fix this, I has to remove all XBMC files, open up the terminal emulator and do as snotboble said in the link above:

su (to become root)
mount -o remount,rw / (to mount root file system as read/write)
mkdir /mnt/local/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc (to create XBMC userdata directory)
ln -s /mnt/local/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc /.xbmc (creates a link from the root file system to the local storage in its proper place)

THIS is where I went to the installer and began the installation. XBMC installed perfectly, I exited, went back to the terminal emulator and typed the rest of the command.

mount -o remount,ro / (to make root file system read only again)
exit
exit

At this point I typed up the script to auto run at each boot, as stated by momo also in the link above:

Quote:It's working for me!!! I just created a script /data/xbmc.sh,put 777 permission:

script:

#!/system/bin/sh
mount -o remount,rw /
#mkdir /mnt/local/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc
ln -s /mnt/local/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc /.xbmc
mount -o remount,ro /

and the "ScriptManager.apk" that start my script every boot with "su" permisions!!!

I then threw in my addons/settings, couldn't be happier. Special thanks to Snotboble and momo, they deserve all the credit here. Pure genius!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC gives black screen and closes1