Having terrible trouble exporting NFO files for Music library
I've been trying to export my Music library to separate NFO files over the last few days using Frodo 12.3 but it keeps screwing up in horrible ways.

There are around 85 artists in my database and I think the artist.nfo files were output incorrectly in around 20% of cases. The incorrect .nfo files either contained the wrong artist information, or contained information for multiple artists with the actual artist way down at the bottom. The actual artist info in the database looks to be pretty much OK and I've run clean several times. I've even rebuilt the whole library from scratch several times and rescanned it but I have the same results each time.

Once I managed to clean up the mess (with a lot of manual editing) and imported the library into Gotham, there were some errors where data that is correct in the .nfo file gets messed up in the live database.

Which is the best thread to report this in and what information would they need to see?
Yes tell me about it. Everytime i export the music db into seperate files i choose do not overwrite exsiting files. When i do overwrite them i get nfo files that are not the right nfo files with the music artist. Also in my main directory there is also a nfo file fanart en folder file exported form a random artist. I need to delete these by hand. I would really like to know where the nfo files come from.

So i did a export to seperate files one time. Then i put all my music to scrape with offline .nfo. This is the only way to make it a little usable. But it sucks big time and i do not seem to find what i am doing wrong. All tags are setup according to the rules and the setup of the library is also according to the riules.

Sometimes .nfo files get changed by them selves. Then there is a album from an artist, and somehow suddenly the same album is there but with another artist, that has nothing to do with this album. It is head breaking. Then i do everything by hand and it keeps working, until i make a mistake and have to import my music db again, i can do everything by hand again.
Use single file export / import. I have not found artist.nfo to be useful.

scott s.
That is a super simple answer, good idea, i did not tried that before ...... Sad

Ofcourse i could do that, but it does not satisfy my question of why kodi library is doing this.
How can it change a nfo file in a folder with the name the beatles change the nfo to the baseballs Huh? Goink./<?

I now made the d:\musiclibrary folder read-only. See if it still can change the nfo by itself....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having terrible trouble exporting NFO files for Music library0