RaspBMC + MCM = 5 Month Headache
Question 
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone may be able to help with a persistent issue I've got with my RaspberryPi based system.

I use Media Center Master v.2.1 (MCM) to scrape all of my metadata (used to use <meta>browser, which I loved, but this stopped working around 8 months when my paid subscription ran out and there's no way I'm paying another £20/30 when I was content with the free/paid-for version without all of the new features). I'm pretty OCD with my metadata and had made sure that all of my 1200-1400 films and 50+ TV series all had perfect metadata (including actor images, artwork, genres etc.) however after recently migrating my system to a RaspberryPi from my old laptop I have discovered that after setting the content for my external drives in XBMC it has re-scraped all of my metadata and completely destroyed the pristine condition the library used to be.

I now have no actor images (not a huge deal to me), altered titles (very annoying that "A Fistful of Dollars" appears as "Per un pugno di dollari" despite having been previously edited), Films and TV are now under cumulative genres (e.g. "Comedy/Horror" as opposed to "Comedy" and "Horror" as two distinct genres) etc.

Basically you get the gist of what has happened.

All of my previously painstakingly completed metadata has been wrecked by XBMC's internal scraper and the lack of/my inability to find a "DO NOT OVERWRITE EXISTING METADATA" option in the settings.

I've been searching for solutions to this issue since around last October, when I got my Pi and the issue begain (in my opinion, as soon as I switched from an old version of XBMC, possibly Eden/Dharma, to v12.2 Frodo).

I don't so much have an issue with losing the database, that's been and gone now, but I'd like to be able to make sure that if I painstakingly update all of the data manually again XBMC won't destroy all of this as soon as I turn on my Pi.

Below is the setup I'm using:
  • RaspberryPi
  • RaspBMC
  • Media Center Master v2.1
  • 2 x 2TB Seagate External HD
  • 8GB SD Card

I'd be extremely grateful for any help anyone could give, as I'm only posting here as a last resort as I generally like to attempt to solve things myself and learn by doing but in this instance I've kinda hit a brick wall.

Many thanks in advance guys, I'm seriously hoping someone can help and end my misery Blush
Appears to be resolved now.

From the MCM board:
robbadong Wrote:
Pete Wrote:RaspBMC is a fork of XBMC, I'm sure you're aware, and local metadata scraping is a relatively new feature that came with with version 13 ("Gotham"). Check with RaspBMC's developers and find out if they have a Gotham version available or in the works?

Just downloaded and installed the most recent NOOBS/RaspBMC and got myself a prepared perfect film and metadata ready to test.

That's the first time I'd heard that, hopefully will sort it

UPDATE

Pete, if I could kiss you I would!

With that one suggestion/info-bomb you sent me straight down the path to resolution. I can now confirm that after re-installing the most recent NOOBS/RaspBMC I am now up and running just like it says on the box!

After further investigation, it turns out that I was running a ridiculously old version of RaspBMC and that perhaps this was a glitch fixed in later updates of XBMC.

Anyway, thankyou so much for all the help. This has been the bane of my life for months now, let alone finally being able to let my girlfriend loose on a fully functional system (she literally threw the remote across the room the last time she had a go with it Smile ).

I'll be sure to linger around and attempt to help anyone out where I can, karma and the great wheel and all that.

Pete I can tell you now, what you do with MCM is phenomenal (I'm not even using half the features yet, but hopefully soon will be) and your customer support/activity on the forums is legendary, I can guarantee that as soon as I get my next wage-slip I'll be upgrading to Pro.

You sir, deserve a beer, a smoke or a milkshake, depending on your poison Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC + MCM = 5 Month Headache0