move files after viewing them
im wondering if its possible for XBMC to move my files after they get the "watched" tag

i currently have about 500 files in one folder and i use XBMC to watch most of my series/movies.

Every movie or series i have watched i then move to my "series" folder or "movies" folder to keep for later (if i want to)
Stuff i dont want to keep, i go manually in and delete after (on my computer)

Was wondering if its possible for XBMC to move the files i seen into lets say a "seen" folder, so its alot quicker to find!
XBMC can keep track and filter things based on watched history (even when you watch things) without having to move anything. I'm not really sure why you would want to do it like that.
well its due to space, i delete everything i dont want to keep, and i move everything i want to keep onto a diffrent hard drive after i watched it.

the "new stuff" folder that i download everything i want to watch into can at times get 200 new files in one day, and on other days it might get 0.

with all the new stuff i download its a really big pain in the ass to sort afterwards.

the delete system in XBMC i use alot, so my torrent tracker register that the file is missing and i can remove the torrent and the torrent data.

my problem is the stuff i wanna keep, or when the disk is starting to get full, takes forever to go trough everything i seen, but not moved yet that way.

so i want XBMC to move all the files i watched to a folder named "seen stuff". That way it will take me roughly 10 seconds to sort 200+ files, instead of hours of folder browsing + starting the video to see if i already seen it (on my computer) and then copying that file away and deleting the torrent + folder the file was in.

Edit: added a picture to show how my download folder looks, and how it looks after i sorted it.

http://i.imgur.com/fQuBfhD.jpg
nothing that can do what i need? Sad
Your screenshot might be seen in the grey area of the rules: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119117

As for files, I would invest in further HDD space. I have a 4TB drive for incoming media (iTunes... and other content). I then use the rest of the HDDs for archiving.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Nah, the screen shot is fine.

Check out this: Add-on:XBMC File Cleaner (wiki)
nice, that addon looks like something up the ally im looking, hope it can do what i want! Smile

will check it out
seems like the addon suggested cant do what i wanted it to do Tongue

guess i'll keep looking!
still haven't found anything that can help me, any more suggestions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
move files after viewing them0