Req time warner cable live TV
Time Warner now has a live-streaming platform. There are apps for iOS and (I think) android. There is also a web version:

http://video2.timewarnercable.com/liveTv

It looks like it uses silverlight. It would be so cool to have this working via XBMC - it would save me literally a thousand dollars a year ($15/mo additional per cable box) since all of my TV's have both a cable box and an XBMC HTPC. It would also solve having to swap HDMI source every time I want to switch to live TV.
Bump. is this even remotely possible?
Silverlight makes it not possible. Any Silverlight addon that we use has to be launched through a browser.
So what's to stop you using chrome launcher?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Has there been any further developments on a solution for this? I've been trying to locate specific stream URLs for manually adding to Kodi, but can't really make head or tails of the data because it's all embedded in Java and HTML. To be honest, I don't believe they use Silverlight. It looks like simple Flash.
TWC does not use silverlight. it uses flash.

TWC Player Version:1.3.0
PDSK:1.4.18.722

i too would love to see a TWC app. That would give Kodi a pretty complete experience. I could watch all my media, upnp, plugins, and cable television all from one GUI.
I realize that this probably a moot point but I'm going to try.
I recently built a Home Entertainment server using Kodi, Linux, and TvHeadend as the primaries and an external antenna to bring in live tv for the PVR function also using four Hauppauge television tuners. I stream to my other four televisions using Pi units and Gigabrix units along with streaming to my tablets and phones.
My system is able to stream our library of movies, television shows, music, and the recorded shows with our PVR program. I have also incorporated our gaming with it.
Everything works great. I also still maintain a Time Warner subscription for reasons I still haven't figured out (well, actually because the service is inexpensive enough with the other packages).
That being said: with my Time Warner subscription I am able to use the TWC app on my tablets and laptops.
Has anyone figured out how to integrate the TWC app into Kodi? I can't imagine that legality would be an issue due to the fact that you cannot use the app without a Time Warner subscription.
I think it would add to a complete home entertainment experience and I'm just curious if anyone has done it yet.
My limitations are while I think I'm very good with hardware and already programmed software and I can modify files I am not good with writing code.
Thanks!
There is a Netflix addon (flix2kodi), which requires a login and DRM. The login is handled in kodi addon code, the DRM is handled by launching a web browser which has DRM support.

So you have two options I guess:

1. Install an addon like chromelauncher and simply launch it to point to the TWC website, and use a remote keyboard/mouse combo to navigate; or

2. Write an addon that authenticates and communicates with TWC and produces a kodi like list of available streams. Then when you click on an item in the kodi list, it launches a browser to actually watch the stream. This is pretty well what flix2kodi does.

3. Both of those are a bit difficult on a pi, where kodi does not run in X so browser support is difficult, and in any event I don't think the chrome DRM libraries will run (as I am pretty sure they don't run on ARM processors).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
TWCTV uses a form of HLS encryption that doesn't appear to be cracked yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
time warner cable live TV0