Intel Celeron G1620 playback settings
Hello all,

So I'm testing another build with XBMC with uses an Ivy Bridge Intel Celeron G1620 CPU. I'm wondering what are the best render method and video playback settings for this CPU?

These are the current settings (default settings):

Can somebody also explain to me what "Enable HQ Scalers for scalings above" does and what percentage it should be on?

Cheers.
High quality upscaling eats resources even if size of source equals size of destination. I have set it to 10% which only engages HQ upscalers if scaling is at least 10% of width or height of source.
Still not sure how this works but are you saying -

e.g. screen resolution is 1080p and any video source that is 10% within that resolution, that's when the HQ upscaler engages? assuming you have it selected at 10% correct?
Suppose you have set it to 0%, screen is 1080, and you play a video which is 1080 as well. If you have configured a HQ scaler like Lanczos fast, it will be used. In most cases this is not what you want because it eats resources.
Set it to 10%, then the HQ scaler only engages if the size of video is at least 10% different to screen resolution i.e. a 720p video will use the HQ scaler.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Celeron G1620 playback settings0