• 23(current)
Xbmcbuntu 13 Testing Thread
(2014-05-06, 22:44)uNiversal Wrote: gwire : Try Add-on:Keymap_Editor (wiki)

Thank You. I have used the keymap editor. It only rcognizes the buttons that already have been mapped. I was able to sacrifice the clear button for the "ContextMenu". Not exactly where it belongs but im ok with that for now. Any of the buttons that do not work, will not be rcognized by the keymap editor. I would still like to understand exactly what driver and files are used for XBMCbuntu v13 Gothem. So that i may possible get all buttons recognized for mapping.

I am lost as to where to start. Once I know how it is set up I can follow the correct instructions. I had to reinstall twice following the wrong instructions.

I have a Zotac Zbox ID81 plus. Everthing installs great.

This is my remote:

I would love to know where my config files are and what is mapping my existing buttons so that i can edit them and add more buttons, possibly all.

Thank you.
Hi,

I tested 13.0 with a AMD/AMD (CPU/VGA) and it installs just fine.
The problem is it installs NVIDIA drivers/setup when I don't have any such card.
I can adjust the over-scan within XBMC, but I can´t do it within the XBMCBUNTU. And I need xbmcbuntu to:
-Config automount ext4 drives - doing it by editing fstab.
- Config over-scan (no can do without Catalyst)
- Some other stuff...

Now I have two options:
- Remove Nvidia, "clean" the installation and install all AMD stuff (searching, but not easy).
- Renstall the very stable and feature rich 12.3, but I cant finding it anymore.

Any hints, please?

Ah, youtube add on doesn't work (script error message?).
we don't support fglrx. You won't get (proper) hardware video decoding and you absolutely don't need it to disable overscan, as this should really be done on the TV.
(2014-05-07, 18:39)gwire Wrote:
(2014-05-06, 22:44)uNiversal Wrote: gwire : Try Add-on:Keymap_Editor (wiki)

Thank You. I have used the keymap editor. It only rcognizes the buttons that already have been mapped. I was able to sacrifice the clear button for the "ContextMenu". Not exactly where it belongs but im ok with that for now. Any of the buttons that do not work, will not be rcognized by the keymap editor. I would still like to understand exactly what driver and files are used for XBMCbuntu v13 Gothem. So that i may possible get all buttons recognized for mapping.

I am lost as to where to start. Once I know how it is set up I can follow the correct instructions. I had to reinstall twice following the wrong instructions.

I have a Zotac Zbox ID81 plus. Everthing installs great.

This is my remote:

I would love to know where my config files are and what is mapping my existing buttons so that i can edit them and add more buttons, possibly all.

Thank you.

Look at here http://youresuchageek.blogspot.fr/2012/0...linux.html Wink
Yes I already followed that post. I followed both methods, and both rendered my remote useless. I am missing something and that post does not explain it. How do I find out if my system is using lirc or is it in the kernal? I cant get ir or irw to work. How do I allocate and map Keys when I dont know what the individual key code is? do i have to install and run lirc? Does it run on top of what ever is running my remote now? Will I have multiple key entries if I use lirc? I need to know what is running my remote first before i can move foward. Is irw the only way I can find out what is going on? How do I get irw to work?

Thank you.
(2014-05-07, 21:13)wsnipex Wrote: we don't support fglrx. You won't get (proper) hardware video decoding and you absolutely don't need it to disable overscan, as this should really be done on the TV.
Can you please advise me where to find the 12.3 version, then? It worked flawlessly with hardware aceleration on Ati hd6450.
I dont fell like buying a new VGA card just because...
I wich hadnt upgraded to v13 ....
You don't need a new card. HD6450 is just fine.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-05-08, 08:54)fritsch Wrote: You don't need a new card. HD6450 is just fine.
Thank you.
Can you please elaborate on that? I got two contrary statements, yours and wsnipex. And I always though Xbmc supported Intel, Nvidia and AMD/ATI hardware acceleration.

Also, can you please advise me on either:
- how to get the older, and apparently more stable, 12.3 version? It worked off-the-box.
- how to "adjust" current v13.0 to AMD, since it installs NVIDIA sw.

Thanks in advance
there is no contradiction, all I said was that fglrx is not supported. Use the OSS radeon driver and all will be fine.

Note that this is default on xbmcbuntu 13!
(2014-05-08, 16:32)wsnipex Wrote: there is no contradiction, all I said was that fglrx is not supported. Use the OSS radeon driver and all will be fine.

Note that this is default on xbmcbuntu 13!
I´m sorry. i´m no expert, and I though not supporting fglrx was equivalent to not supporting AMD drivers.
Since it is default on xbmcbuntu 13, how can I access the AMD configuration GUI? On Ubuntu I can do it through the Catalyst Control Centre and it is extremely similar to the windows CCC.

Thank you for you patience.
There is no CCC for OSS radeon drivers. What do you want to change?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-05-08, 17:50)fritsch Wrote: There is no CCC for OSS radeon drivers. What do you want to change?
I want to:
- reduce overscan in Xbmbuntu interface., Unless someone tells me that it is better to be done by the TV and it has no inconvenience, like having to change the TV settings whenever I change the input source. I need this interface to organize files.
- Check the settings to see what is the cause of some movie stutter, like for example a camera moving horizontally or vertically in a FHD landscape. The stutter is not continuous, rather with 5~8 seconds between.

I managed to do these things in V12.2.

Thanks in advance.
The latter will be told with a xbmc.log.

For the first thing, you can easily use xrandr

e.g. xrandr --output HDMI-0 --set underscan on

depending on your output.
Most TV's set the overscan per input, so you shouldn'yt need to change it on changing inputs, it should remember.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Is it intentional that pvr clients have been commented out?

https://github.com/xbmc/XBMCbuntu/blob/m...ist.chroot
Code:
#xbmc-pvr-demo
#xbmc-pvr-tvheadend-hts

I cant find any information on this. Not very noob friendly specially as the wiki only says

Quote:Most versions of XBMC v12 Frodo will have PVR add-ons pre-bundled with XBMC.

Also tvheadend repository is commented out.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmcbuntu 13 Testing Thread3