• 3(current)
Xbmcbuntu 13 Testing Thread
(2014-03-22, 07:05)nickr Wrote: 1. The background screen when installing looks debian not ubuntu.

2. when running as a live cd it doesn't appear to be possible to log in to a xbmcbuntu session. There are no alternatives in the "sessions" part of the login screen.

3. Despite not clicking "download updates during install" it seems to be doing so - currently "Retrieving file 56 of 90"

ad 1. yes, noted
ad 2. read 1st post carefully
ad 3. can anyone confirm this?
I think it fetches the language parts in 3.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Download link does not work.
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
Horizontal flickery tearing near the top of the screen seems fixed.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2014-03-22, 14:19)Baswazz Wrote: Download link does not work.

it does work fine here.

Works for me also.
AC3 transcoding doesn't work, but this is probably due to the removed pulseaudio?
Also there seems to be something wrong with the video upscaler.
I had a 420p (dvdrip) video and it was really stuttering, then I saw that XBMCbuntu was using 3GB of RAM.
Overall it works very smooth. NFS works perfectly now (it wouldn't work for me in frodo, although this was in windows)
CPU-usage is also pretty low, that's good.

I have to add that I only ran it in live mode.
Logfiles please. Transcoding works, both in PA and in ALSA.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I gave it a quick try but the highest resolution in the system settings dropdown menu was 1024x768 for some reason (hooked up to a 1080p TV), any suggestions?

Will have to dig deeper when I have some time to mess with it.
(2014-03-22, 17:09)KeithLM Wrote:

Works for me also.

It is working again.
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
I am in the process of testing this out since I had a good running build from the other guide. Is there a way like the other guide so when XBMC crashes or is exited it restarts it automatically? Currently it drops be back to the XBMC login prompt.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
(2014-03-22, 08:27)wsnipex Wrote:
(2014-03-22, 07:05)nickr Wrote: 1. The background screen when installing looks debian not ubuntu.

2. when running as a live cd it doesn't appear to be possible to log in to a xbmcbuntu session. There are no alternatives in the "sessions" part of the login screen.

3. Despite not clicking "download updates during install" it seems to be doing so - currently "Retrieving file 56 of 90"

ad 1. yes, noted
ad 2. read 1st post carefully
ad 3. can anyone confirm this?

2: d'oh sorry for the noise, confirmed.

3: kernel was one package downloaded. I'm using virtualbox for testing. I'll do it again and make absolutely sure what boxes were ticked.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I just installed XBMCbuntu from the first page but no PVR addons were installed. The only repo available is XBMC.org and they aren't included there either... How can I install the PVR repo?
(2014-03-23, 01:48)LSU Jonno Wrote: I just installed XBMCbuntu from the first page but no PVR addons were installed. The only repo available is XBMC.org and they aren't included there either... How can I install the PVR repo?
Code:
nick@vboxxbmcbuntu:~$ apt-cache search xbmc-pvr
xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth - XBMC PVR Addon MythTv - Cmyth - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-vuplus - XBMC PVR Addon Vuplus - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-vdr-vnsi - XBMC PVR Addon VDR Vnsi - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-njoy - XBMC PVR Addon Njoy - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-nextpvr - XBMC PVR Addon NextPvr - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-mediaportal-tvserver - XBMC PVR Addon Mediaportal Tvserver - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-tvheadend-hts - XBMC PVR Addon TvHeadend Hts - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-dvbviewer - XBMC PVR Addon Dvbviewer - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-argustv - XBMC PVR Addon Argustv - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-demo - XBMC PVR Demo Addon - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-iptvsimple - XBMC PVR Iptv Addon - PVR API:1.9.0
xbmc-pvr-dev - XBMC Media Center (PVR Add-on Dev package)
Install the desired plugin.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Outstanding work.
I tried myself to get vdpau and HD audio formats to work in Lubuntu Trusty, but failed.

I am able to play all my concerts and new and old TV recordings. Formats like
DTS HD Master Audio, Dolby True HD, DTS HD High Resolution in both bluray and matroska containers.
TV recordings in files like .mpg, .mkv and .ts.

I use an Athlone x4 620 with a Radeon HD 6670 graphic card. The Reciever is a Harman Kardon AVR 355.

I installed some programs
gdebi, to be able to install Chrome
padleaf, to be able to look at logs
lxterminal
I have to start Synaptic in a terminal with sudo synaptic.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmcbuntu 13 Testing Thread3