Problems compiling new CVS builds
i performed a checkout this afternoon and i keep getting the following errors when i try to compile todays build:

e:\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc\cores\sscc.cpp(81): warning c4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'real', possible loss of data
e:\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc\cores\sscc.cpp(376): warning c4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'real', possible loss of data
e:\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc\cores\sscc.cpp(381): warning c4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'real', possible loss of data
e:\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc\cores\sscc.cpp(382): warning c4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'real', possible loss of data
e:\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc\cores\sscc.cpp(399): warning c4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'real', possible loss of data
e:\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc\cores\sscc.cpp(400): warning c4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'real', possible loss of data
e:\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc\cores\sscc.cpp(427): warning c4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'real', possible loss of data
e:\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc\cores\sscc.cpp(429): warning c4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'real', possible loss of data
e:\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc\cores\sscc.cpp(431): warning c4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'real', possible loss of data
e:\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc\cores\sscc.cpp(432): warning c4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'real', possible loss of data
e:\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc\cores\sscc.cpp(2266): warning c4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'real', possible loss of data
e:\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc\cores\sscc.cpp(2292): warning c4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'real', possible loss of data
e:\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc\cores\sscc.cpp(2733): warning c4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'real', possible loss of data
e:\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc\cores\sscc.cpp(2775): warning c4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'real', possible loss of data
e:\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc\cores\sscc.cpp(2821): warning c4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'real', possible loss of data
e:\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc\cores\sscc.cpp(2887): warning c4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'real', possible loss of data
e:\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc\cores\sscc.cpp(3184): warning c4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'real', possible loss of data
e:\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc\cores\sscc.cpp(3210): warning c4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'real', possible loss of data
e:\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc\cores\sscc.cpp(3243): warning c4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'real', possible loss of data
e:\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc\cores\sscc.cpp(3472): warning c4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'real', possible loss of data
e:\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc\cores\sscc.cpp(3502): warning c4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'real', possible loss of data
e:\xbmc\xbmc\xbmc\cores\sscc.cpp(3537): warning c4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'real', possible loss of data
xbmc warning im1029: library xonline is unapproved
xbmc warning im1030: this image may not be accepted for certification
xbmc error x1001: could not connect to xbox ''

while i'm used to seeing the last 3 lines, the sscc.cpp module has crapped out 3 times. i've checked out new binaries twice, so it appears consistient.

any thoughts?
those compiler warnings are nothing to worry about. i'll fix them tonight (was too lazy to do it when i submitted them!Wink

it's just because the ssrc library can use either floats or doubles in it's calculations. we have it set to use floats (ie real is defined as float), so when it sees what would normally be a double computation (eg 0.5*something) it warns about losing precision.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ah, okay.

i've not seen so many warning when compiling.

thanks for the tip...
moving to "support (help)". we try to keep the dev forum clean since many ppl are compiling their own builds. Smile
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems compiling new CVS builds0