Extra Artwork not downloading automatically
Hi All,

I've searched the forum for some help with artwork downloader add on. I'm running Aeon Nox theme on latest version of Frodo.

I've set this to download all artwork. Fan art, clear logo, disk art etc but it only seems to do this when I manually run the add on or browse to the movie.

It would appear on adding to library it only downloads fanart and coverart, It doesn't get clear logos or disk art etc.

Is there a way to set it to download everything when the movie is added to the library?

Thanks.
No. You have to run the addon either through the skin using the Artwork menu which will get artwork for individual videos or through the program addons menu which will scan your sources and get all available artwork defined by your addon settings.

I would guess that it should be possible to write a script that would run the addon at regular intervals or some other defined conditions. Not aware of one though.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Thanks for the reply.

Thats a real shame, would be nice to do this automatically when the movie is added.

Looks like i'll just stick with cover art and fan art.
I think that it was made like this by purpose because it would make too many queries for the Fanart.TV site if an automatic option was there.
Yeah make sense now I suppose running manually would be less hits to fanart.tv

I'll just run it once a week and hpefully that'll do.
There is a way but you need to edit one file

DialogExtendedProgressBar.xml add this lines after the <defaultcontrol>

<onload condition="Library.IsScanningVideo">SetProperty(UpdateArt,1)</onload>
<onunload condition="!IsEmpty(Window.Property(UpdateArt)) ">XBMC.RunScript(script.artwork.downloader,silent=true)</onunload>
<onunload condition="!IsEmpty(Window.Property(UpdateArt)) ">ClearProperty(UpdateArt)</onunload>
Thanks warlion.

When will this run the script? On startup or when adding items to library?
Every time the library finish scanning

If you install also watchdog script you will never had to do anything , if you add one file to your multimedia folder will automatic start scanning
Excellent thanks very much, I'll add this in now and test when I get home.

Sorry to be a pain in the backside but where is the DialogExtendedProgressBar.xml file located?

I'm running XBMC on windows.
Scrap that I think i've found it if this is the right one?

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\1080i
Yes
Is there anyway to test if this is working properly?

I've added the code and left my library to auto update on it's set cron job (every 15 mins)

The movies get added when the library scans but I don't think it's pulling down the extra art.

I'll be a bit more patient and wait a few mins after it's been added.
I believe in the artwork downloader addon settings there is a selection to show the latest artwork downloaded. You can also check in the skin to see if you have disc art, extra fanart, etc.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I've looked at the last report.

Bit of an update. It appears to be running fine with the cron job but doesn't run after the startup scan for some reason.
Can you share your guisettings.xml
Is under userdata

Close xbmc first

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extra Artwork not downloading automatically0