Extra Artwork not downloading automatically
(2014-08-14, 20:07)dr0op Wrote: Hi!

Is it possible to use this somehow in SOLO mode instead of it going thru the whole dB?

Yes. Most skins support this. The exact procedure will probably vary some depending on which skin you use. Most that I've seen have a selection to run Artwork Downloader in the info screen for the individual videos. Here's what it looks like in Aeon Nox 5-

If you can't find it in your skin you may want to post a question to the support thread for that skin.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-08-14, 22:19)wgstarks Wrote: Yes. Most skins support this. The exact procedure will probably vary some depending on which skin you use. Most that I've seen have a selection to run Artwork Downloader in the info screen for the individual videos. Here's what it looks like in Aeon Nox 5-

If you can't find it in your skin you may want to post a question to the support thread for that skin.

Don't have those triggers in my Aeon Nox 5?

But i'm mostly interested in if it would be possible to run Artwork Downloader with Watchdog in SOLO mode? Thus when i add an video to my collection and Watchdog adds it to the library Artwork Downloader would then also add the extra arts for the video automatically. Big Grin

*Don't really see the point in doing this manually everytime something is added. Huh
(2014-08-15, 19:29)dr0op Wrote: But i'm mostly interested in if it would be possible to run Artwork Downloader with Watchdog in SOLO mode? Thus when i add an video to my collection and Watchdog adds it to the library Artwork Downloader would then also add the extra arts for the video automatically. Big Grin

*Don't really see the point in doing this manually everytime something is added. Huh

I'm not completely positive, but I believe the function you're describing was deliberately excluded to avoid constant calls to the various artwork websites. There are probably some people that are running this as a cron job or something like that.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Manual or Automatic makes the same amount of calls to the sites imo.

I really don't see the point in making a cron for it every week or so, if i add a video i don't want to wait a week to have the extra artwork for it?

Now when i add a video i have to rescan the whole dB every time because i have no triggers for it in my Aeon Nox 5 skin instead of just scanning the video just added.
That was a screenshot from the default AN5 skin. I haven't modified mine at all. Don't you get the popup shown when you select "+"?
Maybe you guys can help me. I did the same settings here said, and is working, every time I send update the database it runs the artwork downloader. However if the update that occurs automatically when I open the program, the artwork downloader don´t runs.
If I have to manually update the database it runs the addon, if any plugin update the database, as the watchdog or the auto update library it runs too, but if that is the automatic update happens when I open xbmc, it does not run the addon .

Wanted to know if it has a way to run the artwork downloader after the automatic update of the library that happens when I open xbmc.

Forgive my english...
(2014-08-20, 15:00)helinhotmartins Wrote: Maybe you guys can help me. I did the same settings here said, and is working, every time I send update the database it runs the artwork downloader. However if the update that occurs automatically when I open the program, the artwork downloader don´t runs.
If I have to manually update the database it runs the addon, if any plugin update the database, as the watchdog or the auto update library it runs too, but if that is the automatic update happens when I open xbmc, it does not run the addon .

Wanted to know if it has a way to run the artwork downloader after the automatic update of the library that happens when I open xbmc.

Forgive my english...

No. The addon does not include the ability to operate in the fashion you describe. You would need to create a script to do this.
Okay, thank you. Unfortunately am not so good yet to write a script.... But the manual update is so different from the automatic, which can not be done like the same way as is being done in this topic?
To manually update your artwork just select Apps on your main menu and then select Artwork Downloader. It will download artwork for all your videos within the limitations you have selected in the addon settings.
I think you misunderstood me wgstarks. I know how artworkdownloader manually works. But I was referring to the update library. When I update the library manually, or when some other addon does this, artworkdownloader runs normally after the update. But when the automatic update of the library occurs when I open xbmc, the artwork downloader does not run after.

Considering that I made the changes proposed in this topic in the xml file, since the artworkdownloader is running automatically after manual updates the library, why it does not run after the automatic update that occurs when I open xbmc?

Is there any way this happens without a script needs to be created? It would not be like what we did in the xml so that it starts after the normal update method of the library?
(2014-08-20, 21:16)helinhotmartins Wrote: I think you misunderstood me wgstarks. I know how artworkdownloader manually works. But I was referring to the update library. When I update the library manually, or when some other addon does this, artworkdownloader runs normally after the update. But when the automatic update of the library occurs when I open xbmc, the artwork downloader does not run after.

Considering that I made the changes proposed in this topic in the xml file, since the artworkdownloader is running automatically after manual updates the library, why it does not run after the automatic update that occurs when I open xbmc?

Is there any way this happens without a script needs to be created? It would not be like what we did in the xml so that it starts after the normal update method of the library?
Sorry. My bad. I didn't see the xml code Warlion had posted. If you use Watchdog addon you shouldn't need to update on startup though. Watchdog will update as soon as new videos are added.
yes, I agree with you. But the watchdog to start updating the library, a file must be added to the server with the open xbmc. The problem is that most of the time I add files to the server I have one or two off xbmc clients. And the watchdog will not update these clients when I start them, that will be the automatic update that occurs on startup of xbmc.

I tried also by a cronxmbc addon, it would be functional even in my case. But I did not do artworkdownloader run by this addon.
I see your problem. I notice others have reported the same behavior in this thread. Perhaps Warlion or someone else has an answer for you.
Ok, Thankyou wgstarks....
Hi all,

I'm looking about automatically start extra fanart download and I found this topic. I'm running last official Gotham release 13.1, I have skin.aeon.nox5 installed and my DialogExtendedProgressBar.xml is quite different from yours and I don't know where I have to put this strings

<onload condition="Library.IsScanningVideo">SetProperty(UpdateArt,1)</onload>
<onunload condition="!IsEmpty(Window.Property(UpdateArt)) ">XBMC.RunScript(script.artwork.downloader,silent=true)</onunload>
<onunload condition="!IsEmpty(Window.Property(UpdateArt)) ">ClearProperty(UpdateArt)</onunload>

because there is not any <defaultcontrol> value...

This is my .xml file

http://pastebin.com/BQW1RisW

Can you help me please??

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extra Artwork not downloading automatically0