[Help Please] Using SubString with ListItem.Title
Hi All,

I don't know very much about skinning, so would really appreciate some help. I am trying to add the following to a window.xml file:

Code:
<visible>SubString(Window(Home).Property('VideoExtras_MOVIES_List'),$INFO[ListItem.Title])</visible>

But then in the log I get the following error:

Code:
17:01:10 T:11216   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in SubString(Window(Home).Property('VideoExtras_MOVIES_List'),$INFO
17:01:10 T:11216   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in )
17:01:10 T:11216   ERROR: Error evaluating boolean expression SubString(Window(Home).Property('VideoExtras_MOVIES_List'),$INFO[ListItem.Title])

I have tried adding quotes etc, but that doesn't seem to work.

To explain what I am trying to do. There is a property that contains a list of "Titles" and I only want to display a given image if the Title is in that list.

Help and advice appreciated!!

Thanks

Rob
Try without the single quotes

PHP Code:
<visible>SubString(Window(Home).Property(VideoExtras_MOVIES_List),$INFO[ListItem.Title])</visible
(2014-03-21, 19:12)`Black Wrote: Try without the single quotes

PHP Code:
<visible>SubString(Window(Home).Property(VideoExtras_MOVIES_List),$INFO[ListItem.Title])</visible

Wow! Super quick reply - Thanks.

Unfortunatelly still get the error:

Code:
17:14:04 T:9884   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in SubString(Window(Home).Property(VideoExtras_MOVIES_List),$INFO
17:14:04 T:9884   ERROR: unmatched parentheses in )
17:14:04 T:9884   ERROR: Error evaluating boolean expression SubString(Window(Home).Property(VideoExtras_MOVIES_List),$INFO[ListItem.Title])

I think it is the first "[" in the $INFO[ListItem.Title] statement Sad

Rob
I guess it may not be possible. If you look at the wiki, it's only working for stringcompare with 2 info labels. I'll have a closer look at it.

Edit:
Indeed not possible as the right string is interpreted a string or localized string only. I will add it but it won't be added after Gotham final.
Thanks for the information.

Please can I ask if you can think of an alternative way I could achieve this (Sort of a work-around) - I've really been struggling with the skin stuff.

Thanks

Rob

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Help Please] Using SubString with ListItem.Title0